TORONTO, Feb. 7, 2024 – OverActive Media Corp. (TSXV:OAM) (“OverActive” or the “Company”), a premier global esports and entertainment company for today’s generation of fans announced its entry today into the Overwatch Champions Series (OWCS). The team will operate as the Toronto Defiant, OverActive’s celebrated team that launched in 2019, for the 2024 season.
The OWCS represents a new chapter in competitive Overwatch, offering an evolved structure that promises more intense competition and gripping viewer experiences. OverActive Media is eager to embrace this new format, which aligns perfectly with our plan to engage global audiences in the world’s top esports games.
OverActive Media has a rich history with the Overwatch League, having been an integral part of its journey since 2019. The Company’s commitment to the Overwatch community has cultivated a vast network of dedicated fans whose support has been a cornerstone of the Overwatch ecosystem. In 2022 Overwatch 2 was launched with ‘New Queen Street’, a futuristic map modeled after one of Toronto’s iconic streets, and Sojourn, the first Canadian hero in the game. Toronto Defiant co-hosted the Overwatch League Grand Finals in 2023 at the Mattamy Athletic Centre in Toronto with over 10,000 fans attending over the course of the weekend.
“We are excited to enter the Overwatch Champions Series and are fully committed to showcasing our team’s talent to the global community. The OWCS is a testament to the evolving nature of esports, and we are ready to make our mark in this new chapter,” said Adam Adamou, Co-Founder and CEO, OverActive Media. “Our history with the Overwatch League, combined with our deep understanding of our fan community, positions us uniquely to embrace this opportunity. We are going in with the vision to win the world championship and solidify our legacy in the esports world.”
The Toronto Defiant’s roster for the OWCS, which will be announced shortly promises a formidable lineup. All team players and operations staff will be based out of our world-class esports facility located in downtown Toronto.
For further information, and to stay updated on the team’s journey through the OWCS, fans and supporters are encouraged to follow OverActive Media’s official channels and the Toronto Defiant’s social media platforms.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Information
This press release contains statements which constitute “forward-looking statements” and “forward-looking information” within the meaning of applicable securities laws (collectively, “forward-looking statements”), including statements regarding the plans, intentions, beliefs and current expectations of OverActive with respect to future business activities and operating performance. Forward-looking statements are often identified by the words “may”, “would”, “could”, “should”, “will”, “intend”, “plan”, “anticipate”, “believe”, “estimate”, “expect” or similar expressions and includes information regarding: (a) OverActive’s anticipated VALORANT team; and (b) expectations for other economic, business, and/or competitive factors.
Investors are cautioned that forward-looking statements are not based on historical facts but instead OverActive management’s expectations, estimates or projections concerning future results or events based on the opinions, assumptions and estimates of management considered reasonable at the date the statements are made. Although OverActive believes that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are reasonable, such statements involve risks and uncertainties, and undue reliance should not be placed thereon, as unknown or unpredictable factors could have material adverse effects on future results, performance or achievements of the OverActive. Among the key factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements are the following: changes in general economic, business and political conditions, including changes in the financial markets; changes in applicable laws and regulations both locally and in foreign jurisdictions; compliance with extensive government regulation; the risks and uncertainties associated with foreign markets; and risk factors set out in OverActive’s annual information form for the year ended December 31, 2021. These forward-looking statements may be affected by risks and uncertainties in the business of OverActive and general market conditions, including COVID-19.
Should one or more of these risks or uncertainties materialize, or should assumptions underlying the forward-looking statements prove incorrect, actual results may vary materially from those described herein as intended, planned, anticipated, believed, estimated or expected. Although OverActive has attempted to identify important risks, uncertainties and factors which could cause actual results to differ materially, there may be others that cause results not to be as anticipated, estimated or intended and such changes could be material. OverActive does not intend, and does not assume any obligation, to update the forward-looking statements except as otherwise required by applicable law.
ABOUT OVERACTIVE MEDIA
OverActive Media (TSXV:OAM) (OTCQB:OAMCF) is headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, with operations in Madrid, Spain and Berlin, Germany. OverActive’s mandate is to build an integrated global company delivering sports, media and entertainment products for today’s generation of fans with a focus on esports, videogames, content creation and distribution, culture, and live and online events. OverActive owns team franchises in professional esports leagues including (i) the Call of Duty League, operating as the Toronto Ultra, and (ii) the League of Legends European Championship (“LEC”), operating as MAD Lions KOI, (iii) the Overwatch Champions Series (OWCS) operating as the Toronto Defiant. OverActive also leads OAM Live, an events arm that produces both live and online events.
Neither the TSXV nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSXV) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release
Featured Image: Freepik @ tohamina
1) The author of the Article, or members of the author’s immediate household or family, do not own any securities of the companies set forth in this Article. The author determined which companies would be included in this article based on research and understanding of the sector.
2) The Article was issued on behalf of and sponsored by, OverActive Media Market. Jar Media Inc. has or expects to receive from OverActive Media’s Digital Marketing Agency of Record (Native Ads Inc.) one hundred fifty three thousand eight hundred USD for 30 days (21 business days).
3) Statements and opinions expressed are the opinions of the author and not Market Jar Media Inc., its directors or officers. The author is wholly responsible for the validity of the statements. The author was not paid by Market Jar Media Inc. for this Article. Market Jar Media Inc. was not paid by the author to publish or syndicate this Article. Market Jar has not independently verified or otherwise investigated all such information. None of Market Jar or any of their respective affiliates, guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any such information. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security. Market Jar Media Inc. requires contributing authors to disclose any shareholdings in, or economic relationships with, companies that they write about. Market Jar Media Inc. relies upon the authors to accurately provide this information and Market Jar Media Inc. has no means of verifying its accuracy.
5) Market Jar Media Inc. and its respective directors, officers and employees hold no shares for any company mentioned in the Article.
6) This document contains forward-looking information and forward-looking statements, within the meaning of applicable Canadian securities legislation, (collectively, “forward-looking statements”), which reflect management’s expectations regarding OverActive Media’s future growth, future business plans and opportunities, expected activities, and other statements about future events, results or performance. Wherever possible, words such as “predicts”, “projects”, “targets”, “plans”, “expects”, “does not expect”, “budget”, “scheduled”, “estimates”, “forecasts”, “anticipate” or “does not anticipate”, “believe”, “intend” and similar expressions or statements that certain actions, events or results “may”, “could”, “would”, “might” or “will” be taken, occur or be achieved, or the negative or grammatical variation thereof or other variations thereof, or comparable terminology have been used to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements include, among other things, statements relating to: (a) revenue generating potential with respect to OverActive Media’s industry; (b) market opportunity; (c) OverActive Media’s business plans and strategies; (d) services that OverActive Media intends to offer; (e) OverActive Media’s milestone projections and targets; (f) OverActive Media’s expectations regarding receipt of approval for regulatory applications; (g) OverActive Media’s intentions to expand into other jurisdictions including the timeline expectations relating to those expansion plans; and (h) OverActive Media’s expectations with regarding its ability to deliver shareholder value. Forward-looking statements are not a guarantee of future performance and are based upon a number of estimates and assumptions of management in light of management’s experience and perception of trends, current conditions and expected developments, as well as other factors that management believes to be relevant and reasonable in the circumstances, as of the date of this document including, without limitation, assumptions about: (a) the ability to raise any necessary additional capital on reasonable terms to execute OverActive Media’s business plan; (b) that general business and economic conditions will not change in a material adverse manner; (c) OverActive Media’s ability to procure equipment and operating supplies in sufficient quantities and on a timely basis; (d) OverActive Media’s ability to enter into contractual arrangements with additional parties; (e) the accuracy of budgeted costs and expenditures; (f) OverActive Media’s ability to attract and retain skilled personnel; (g) political and regulatory stability; (h) the receipt of governmental, regulatory and third-party approvals, licenses and permits on favorable terms; (i) changes in applicable legislation; (j) stability in financial and capital markets; and (k) expectations regarding the level of disruption to as a result of CV-19. Such forward-looking information involves a variety of known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause the actual plans, intentions, activities, results, performance or achievements of OverActive Media to be materially different from any future plans, intentions, activities, results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such risks include, without limitation: (a) OverActive Media’s operations could be adversely affected by possible future government legislation, policies and controls or by changes in applicable laws and regulations; (b) public health crises such as CV-19 may adversely impact OverActive Media’s business; (c) the volatility of global capital markets; (d) political instability and changes to the regulations governing OverActive Media’s business operations (e) OverActive Media may be unable to implement its growth strategy; and (f) increased competition.
Except as required by law, OverActive Media undertakes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future event or otherwise, after the date on which the statements are made or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events. Neither does OverActive Media nor any of its representatives make any representation or warranty, express or implied, as to the accuracy, sufficiency or completeness of the information in this document. Neither OverActive Media nor any of its representatives shall have any liability whatsoever, under contract, tort, trust or otherwise, to you or any person resulting from the use of the information in this document by you or any of your representatives or for omissions from the information in this document.
7) Any graphs, tables or other information demonstrating the historical performance or current or historical attributes of OverActive Media or any other entity contained in this document are intended only to illustrate historical performance or current or historical attributes of OverActive Media or such entities and are not necessarily indicative of future performance of OverActive Media or such entities.
8) Investing is risky. The information provided in this article should not be considered as a substitute for professional financial consultation. Users should be aware that investing in any form carries inherent risks, and as such, there is a possibility of losing some or all of their investment. The value of investments can fluctuate significantly within a short period, and investors must understand that past performance is not indicative of future results. Additionally, users should exercise caution as transactions involving investments may be irreversible, even in cases of fraud or accidental actions. It is crucial to acknowledge that rapidly evolving laws and technical issues can have adverse effects on the usability, transferability, exchangeability, and value of investments. Furthermore, users must be cognizant of potential security risks associated with their investment activities. Individuals are strongly encouraged to conduct thorough research, seek professional advice, and carefully evaluate their risk tolerance before engaging in any investment endeavors. Market Jar Media Inc. is neither an investment adviser nor a broker-dealer. The information presented on the website is provided for informative purposes only and is not to be treated as a recommendation to make any specific investment. No such information on PressReach.com constitutes advice or a recommendation.