HomeInvesting NewsThe merger agreement with Catheter Precision drives a 37% increase in revenue...

The merger agreement with Catheter Precision drives a 37% increase in revenue for Ra Medical.

Published on

Ra Medical Systems, Inc. (NYSE:RMED)

 

In pre-market trading on Monday, the announcement of a merger agreement between Ra Medical Systems, Inc. (NYSE:RMED), a medical technology company, and Catheter Precision, a medical device developer specializing in cardiac electrophysiology procedures, caused the shares of Ra Medical Systems, Inc. to increase by approximately 37%.

 

Catheter Precision will complete stock for a stock reverse merger with Ra Medical Systems, Inc. (NYSE:RMED) in accordance with the terms of the agreement, at which point it will become a subsidiary of Ra Medical Systems, Inc. (NYSE:RMED). On a fully diluted basis, it is anticipated that the Catheter Precision stakeholders will hold approximately 80% of the ownership of the combined company, while Ra Medical Systems, Inc. (NYSE:RMED) investors will hold the remaining 20%.

 

The deal has been accepted by the boards of directors of both companies, and it is expected to be finalized before the end of the year, subject to the satisfaction of certain requirements, one of which is the consent of the shareholders of both companies.

 

The newly formed company will have David Jenkins, an experienced leader in the establishment of new medical businesses, serving as its chief executive officer. Mr. Jenkins was instrumental in the management of the medical company Transneuronix, Inc., which was bought by Medtronic (MDT) in July of 2005.

 

The product pipeline of Catheter Precision, which is based in the United States, comprises a vessel closure device that is expected to be on sale in the first half of 2023.

 

The conditions of the non-binding contractual agreement that the two corporations agreed upon in June have been incorporated into today’s deal.

 

Ra Medical Systems (NYSE:RMED) released a press release announcing an EPS of -$0.26 according to GAAP for the second quarter.

 

As of the 30th of June 2022, Ra Medical Systems, Inc. (NYSE:RMED) reported that it has cash and cash equivalents totaling $11.1 million.

Featured Image – Megapixl © Everythingpossible

See Disclaimer Please

Latest News

Fubo Stock Rises as a Wedbush Analyst Upgrades the Company’s Ratings.

Following a recommendation to buy from Wedbush analyst Michael Pachter, FUBO stock (NYSE:FUBO) climbed...

Why Is FedEx Stock Rising?

FedEx Stock (NYSE:FDX) is increasing in value on Thursday afternoon following the company's announcement...

What Happened to the SPY Stock After the Fed’s Aggressive Rake Hike?

The SPY stock (NYSEARCA:SPY) has been in a slump since failing to reclaim the...

Ford Motor Company Launches Its Colossal Bet Against GM and Tesla

By 2026, the Dearborn carmaker intends to create 2 million electrified cars. The construction of...

More like this

Ford Stock Continues to Drop as the Company Looks to Build a $5.6 Billion Electric Vehicle-Focused Factory

Ford stock was trading at $12.05 as of 02:13 PM EDT on Friday. On Friday,...

BABA Stock Drops, to Invest $1 Billion Next 3 Years to Increase Cloud Customers

BABA stock price was at $78.81 on Friday at 03:59 PM EDT  After announcing plans...

Netflix Inc CFO Quits After 4 Months for $2.4 million

Netflix Inc (NASDAQ: NFLX) is looking to hire a new chief accounting officer following...

FedEx Stock Slides as Deutsche Bank Expresses Skepticism on Cost-Cutting Initiative

FedEx stock $148.71 as of 01:28 PM EDT. FedEx stock (NYSE:FDX) rose ahead of Thursday's...

Tesla Stock Slides, IEA Expects EV Sales to Make Up 60% Of All New Car Sales

Tesla Stocks (NASDAQ:TSLA) was at $276.15 as of 01:10 PM EDT. Investors in electric vehicles...

Apple Stock Slumps as It Replaces Pepsi as the Sponsor of the Super Bowl Halftime Show

Super Bowl Halftime Show, What this means for Apple Stock Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) and the National...