Yerba maté has continued to gain steam in the functional beverages market, garnering investor interest. According to its recent SEC filing, drink-market Guayakí Yerba Maté raised $75 million in a fresh investment round, adding to over $100 million from previous venture-backed funding rounds. The California-based beverage company offered $143 million in shares, with approximately $68 million left to sell. Guayaki isn’t the only company gaining its stake in the yerba maté energy market, with an expected CAGR of 4.6%, they are estimated to reach over $2.1 billion in 2029. Yerbaé Brands Corp. (TSXV:YERB.U) just began trading on the public markets, but the company has already established a large distribution network. Meanwhile, other players in the functional beverage market like Monster Beverage (NASDAQ:MNST), Coca Cola (NYSE:KO), Dutch Bros (NYSE:BROS), and PepsiCo, Inc. (NYSE:PEP) are adding healthy options to their product roster in an effort to keep up with changing consumer demands.
Yerbaé Brands Corp. (TSXV:YERB.U) just entered the public markets on February 13 following a business combination with Kona Bay Technologies. The company has garnered over $23 million in lifetime sales through 06/30/2022 and its products are available at 10,000 locations including major retailers like Costco, Sprouts Farmers Market, Safeway, Acme, Albertsons, Shaws, Jewel, Stop N Shop, and Winco.
On February 21, the company announced that its January 2023 sales grew by 227% compared to January 2022,
“We are thrilled to announce that our January 2023 growth is up by 227%. This is a testament to the hard work and dedication of our employees and the loyalty of our customers,” said Todd Gibson, co-founder, CEO and Director of Yerbaé. “ We remain focused on meeting and exceeding expectations of our customers and delivering consistent growth for our shareholders.”
Yerbaé Brands has also made several significant marketing investments to reach new consumers and retain existing customers, introducing the brand to the CrossFit community and signing Annie Thorisdottir, the first woman to win the CrossFit Games twice and retaining NYSE-listed Vistar as its distribution partner and investor. Vistar is an industry leading vending and pantry service provider which has used its relations with major pantry outlets in office retailers, schools, and vending to introduce Yerbaé products to consumers in the workplace.
For more information about Yerbaé Brands Corp. (TSXV:YERB.U), click here.
Energy Drinks Producers Are Expanding to Gain Market Share
In August 2022, PepsiCo, Inc. (NYSE:PEP) announced a $550 million investment in energy drink company Celsius Holdings as part of a long-term distribution agreement with the smaller company. The agreement strengthens Pepsi‘s ties to energy drinks. Outside of alcohol, this is one of the fastest growing beverage markets, and Pepsi has been doubling down on energy in recent years as soda use declines, paying $3.85 billion purchasing the legacy energy drink producer Rockstar in early 2020. Celsius has surpassed the brand as the fourth most popular energy drink in the US. Pepsi has previously negotiated an exclusive distribution agreement with Vital Pharmaceuticals’ Bang Energy, another fast-growing upstart. However, the partnership gradually deteriorated, ending in a legal battle won by Pepsi. The two corporations split up earlier than expected in June.
Coca Cola (NYSE:KO) has continued to rollout new products to the functional beverage market in an effort to curb the sharp decline in soda consumption over the last 20 years, including launching its own yerba maté concoction Honest Yerba Maté in 2021. On February 13, the company debut its latest limited-time zero-sugar offering called Coca-Cola Move in collaboration with Grammy-award-winning performing artist Rosalía. In 2022, the company rolled out several new creations include Coca-Cola Starlight, Coca-Cola Byte, the artist Marshmello’s Limited Edition Coca-Cola and Coca-Cola Dreamworld.
Energy drink giant Monster Beverage (NASDAQ:MNST) generated record third-quarter net sales of $1.62 billion in 2022, 15.2% higher than net sales in the corresponding period in 2021. Net changes in foreign currency exchange rates had a negative impact on net sales of $71.3 million in the third quarter of 2022. Foreign currency adjusted net sales grew 20.2% in the third quarter of 2022. During Q3 2022, Monster continued to offset rising product and distribution costs by pricing initiatives such as price hikes and promotional allowance reductions. The Corporation adopted a price increase in the United States on September 1, 2022, and proceeded to implement price increases in certain overseas markets when practicable in the third quarter of 2022, all of which boosted gross profit. Monster has $1.30 billion in cash and cash equivalents, $1.35 billion in short-term investments, and $72.4 million in long-term investments as of September 30, 2022.
Dutch Bros (NYSE:BROS) opened 133 new stores in 2022, 120 of which are company-operated. When compared to the same time in 2021, system same shop sales increased by 1.0%, including the impact of our fortressing plan, which resulted in sales being shifted from existing shops to new ones, and increased by 11.4% on a three-year stacked basis. When compared to the same time in 2021, company-operated same-store sales increased 0.6%, including the impact of our fortressing strategy, and increased 10.4% on a three-year stacked basis. The Dutch Bros system had 671 stores (396 company-operated and 275 franchised-operated) spread across 14 states as of December 31, 2021.
In Q3 2022, Yerbaé introduced the world’s first Pumpkin Spice energy drink, which was featured on Fox News and local CBS, NBC, and ABC stations around the country.
Featured Image istockphoto @ Gumpanat
1) The author of the Article, or members of the author’s immediate household or family, do not own any securities of the companies set forth in this Article. The author determined which companies would be included in this article based on research and understanding of the sector.
2) The Article was issued on behalf of and sponsored by, Yerbaé Brands Corp. Market Jar Media Inc. has or expects to receive from Yerbaé Brands Corp.’s Digital Marketing Agency of Record (Native Ads Inc.) sixty nine thousand four hundred and eighty USD for 16 days (12 business days).
3) Statements and opinions expressed are the opinions of the author and not Market Jar Media Inc., its directors or officers. The author is wholly responsible for the validity of the statements. The author was not paid by Market Jar Media Inc. for this Article. Market Jar Media Inc. was not paid by the author to publish or syndicate this Article. Market Jar has not independently verified or otherwise investigated all such information. None of Market Jar or any of their respective affiliates, guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any such information. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security. Market Jar Media Inc. requires contributing authors to disclose any shareholdings in, or economic relationships with, companies that they write about. Market Jar Media Inc. relies upon the authors to accurately provide this information and Market Jar Media Inc. has no means of verifying its accuracy.
5) Market Jar Media Inc. and its respective directors, officers and employees hold no shares for any company mentioned in the Article.
6) This document contains forward-looking information and forward-looking statements, within the meaning of applicable Canadian securities legislation, (collectively, “forward-looking statements”), which reflect management’s expectations regarding Yerbaé Brands Corp.’s future growth, future business plans and opportunities, expected activities, and other statements about future events, results or performance. Wherever possible, words such as “predicts”, “projects”, “targets”, “plans”, “expects”, “does not expect”, “budget”, “scheduled”, “estimates”, “forecasts”, “anticipate” or “does not anticipate”, “believe”, “intend” and similar expressions or statements that certain actions, events or results “may”, “could”, “would”, “might” or “will” be taken, occur or be achieved, or the negative or grammatical variation thereof or other variations thereof, or comparable terminology have been used to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements include, among other things, statements relating to: (a) revenue generating potential with respect to Yerbaé Brands Corp.’s industry; (b) market opportunity; (c) Yerbaé Brands Corp.’s business plans and strategies; (d) services that Yerbaé Brands Corp. intends to offer; (e) Yerbaé Brands Corp.’s milestone projections and targets; (f) Yerbaé Brands Corp.’s expectations regarding receipt of approval for regulatory applications; (g) Yerbaé Brands Corp.’s intentions to expand into other jurisdictions including the timeline expectations relating to those expansion plans; and (h) Yerbaé Brands Corp.’s expectations with regarding its ability to deliver shareholder value. Forward-looking statements are not a guarantee of future performance and are based upon a number of estimates and assumptions of management in light of management’s experience and perception of trends, current conditions and expected developments, as well as other factors that management believes to be relevant and reasonable in the circumstances, as of the date of this document including, without limitation, assumptions about: (a) the ability to raise any necessary additional capital on reasonable terms to execute Yerbaé Brands Corp.’s business plan; (b) that general business and economic conditions will not change in a material adverse manner; (c) Yerbaé Brands Corp.’s ability to procure equipment and operating supplies in sufficient quantities and on a timely basis; (d) Yerbaé Brands Corp.’s ability to enter into contractual arrangements with additional Pharmacies; (e) the accuracy of budgeted costs and expenditures; (f) Yerbaé Brands Corp.’s ability to attract and retain skilled personnel; (g) political and regulatory stability; (h) the receipt of governmental, regulatory and third-party approvals, licenses and permits on favorable terms; (i) changes in applicable legislation; (j) stability in financial and capital markets; and (k) expectations regarding the level of disruption to as a result of CV-19. Such forward-looking information involves a variety of known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause the actual plans, intentions, activities, results, performance or achievements of Yerbaé Brands Corp. to be materially different from any future plans, intentions, activities, results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such risks include, without limitation: (a) Yerbaé Brands Corp.’s operations could be adversely affected by possible future government legislation, policies and controls or by changes in applicable laws and regulations; (b) public health crises such as CV-19 may adversely impact Yerbaé Brands Corp.’s business; (c) the volatility of global capital markets; (d) political instability and changes to the regulations governing Yerbaé Brands Corp.’s business operations (e) Yerbaé Brands Corp. may be unable to implement its growth strategy; and (f) increased competition.
Except as required by law, Yerbaé Brands Corp. undertakes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future event or otherwise, after the date on which the statements are made or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events. Neither does Yerbaé Brands Corp. nor any of its representatives make any representation or warranty, express or implied, as to the accuracy, sufficiency or completeness of the information in this document. Neither Yerbaé Brands Corp. nor any of its representatives shall have any liability whatsoever, under contract, tort, trust or otherwise, to you or any person resulting from the use of the information in this document by you or any of your representatives or for omissions from the information in this document.
7) Any graphs, tables or other information demonstrating the historical performance or current or historical attributes of Yerbaé Brands Corp. or any other entity contained in this document are intended only to illustrate historical performance or current or historical attributes of Yerbaé Brands Corp. or such entities and are not necessarily indicative of future performance of Yerbaé Brands Corp. or such entities.