LOS ANGELES–January 8, 2024–Surf Air Mobility Inc. (NYSE:SRFM) (“Surf Air Mobility”, “Surf Air”), a company that aims to transform regional flying through electrification, and the Williamsport Municipal Airport Authority of Williamsport, Pennsylvania have agreed to launch scheduled commuter air service between Williamsport Regional Airport (IPT) and Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD) with a target start date in May 2024. Williamsport will provide funding and services to subsidize and support the establishment of the program. The flights will be operated by Southern Airways Express (“Southern”), an airline subsidiary of Surf Air Mobility.
The goal of this program is to provide the city of Williamsport and the surrounding Lycoming County community with easier, faster, and more affordable connections through their local airport. By bringing consistent weekly service to this underutilized regional airport adjacent to the city’s center, travelers arriving or departing via Washington Dulles will be able to skip the multi-hour drive and fly directly to or from Williamsport Regional Airport on one of ten weekly flights. This scheduled service will be the first commercial flights at Williamsport in over two years.
This announcement comes a few weeks after another similar agreement with Purdue University that will privately subsidize flights connecting West Lafayette Airport and Chicago O’Hare. These agreements resemble Surf Air Mobility’s numerous Essential Air Service contracts which provide federal subsidies to connect communities which would otherwise lack access to minimal air service. The agreement with Williamsport establishes a funding stream from the use of locally acquired grants coupled with community donations to mitigate risk to Surf Air.
By partnering directly with the city of Williamsport, Surf Air believes it can expand on the successes of the federally funded EAS program in locations not presently eligible for that program.
“Williamsport, Pennsylvania is at the forefront of a new era in regional mobility. Their forward-thinking approach helps to expand access to convenient air travel that connects their community with the larger commercial air service networks,” said Stan Little, CEO of Surf Air. “There are hundreds of underutilized yet incredibly convenient airports across the U.S. Our mission at Surf Air is clear: we’re finding innovative solutions to the lack of viable regional connectivity. We plan to continue exploring these types of partnerships with local, state, and federal agencies, with private institutions, and with international partners.”
Through Southern’s interline and distribution agreements, passengers flying to and from Williamsport will have a seamless connection at Washington-Dulles on United, American, and Alaska Airlines, including through-bag transfer. Tickets will be available for purchase on United.com, AA.com, AlaskaAir.com and iFlySouthern.com.
Southern will operate these flights using Cessna Grand Caravan turboprop aircraft, with nine passenger seats and two pilots.
“The Williamsport Municipal Airport Authority and I welcome this commitment on the part of our new airline partner, Southern Airways Express. We believe connecting to the Dulles hub and the access to multiple major carriers through Southern’s interline and distribution agreements will offer our community more travel flexibility that ever before. We look forward to a long relationship and thank Southern Airways Express for the confidence in our community,” said Richard C. Howell, A.A.E., Executive Director Williamsport Municipal Airport Authority/Williamsport Regional Airport.
Surf Air Mobility, with its Southern Airways and Mokulele Airlines subsidiaries, is the largest commuter airline in the U.S. by scheduled departures.
About Surf Air Mobility
Surf Air Mobility is a Los Angeles-based regional air mobility platform expanding the category of regional air travel to reinvent flying through the power of electrification. In an effort to substantially reduce the cost and environmental impact of flying, and as the operator of the largest commuter airline in the US, Surf Air Mobility intends to develop powertrain technology with its commercial partners to electrify existing fleets and bring electrified aircraft to market at scale. The management team has deep experience and expertise across aviation, electrification, and consumer technology.
This Press Release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of The Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including statements regarding the anticipated benefits of the transaction; Surf Air Mobility’s ability to anticipate the future needs of the air mobility market; Surf Air Mobility’s future growth strategy and growth rate and its ability to access its financings and grow its fleet. Readers of this release should be aware of the speculative nature of forward-looking statements. These statements are based on the beliefs of the Company’s management as well as assumptions made by and information currently available to the Company and reflect the Company’s current views concerning future events. As such, they are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results or events to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such risks and uncertainties include, among many others: Surf Air Mobility’s future ability to pay contractual obligations and liquidity will depend on operating performance, cash flow and ability to secure adequate financing; the inability to maintain and strengthen the Surf Air, Southern and Mokulele brands and their reputations as regional airlines; the inability to accurately forecast demand for products and manage product inventory in an effective and efficient manner; the inability to execute business objectives and growth strategies successfully or sustain Surf Air Mobility’s growth; the inability of Surf Air Mobility’s customers to pay for Surf Air Mobility’s services; the inability of Surf Air Mobility to obtain additional financing or access the capital markets to fund its ongoing operations on acceptable terms and conditions; the outcome of any legal proceedings that might be instituted against Surf Air, Southern or Surf Air Mobility; changes in applicable laws or regulations, and the impact of the regulatory environment and complexities with compliance related to such environment; and other risks and uncertainties indicated in the prospectus. These and other risks are discussed in detail in the periodic reports that the Company files with the SEC, and investors are urged to review those periodic reports and the Company’s other filings with the SEC, which are accessible on the SEC’s website at www.sec.gov, before making an investment decision. The Company assumes no obligation to update its forward-looking statements except as required by law.
Surf Air Mobility: [email protected]
Featured Image @ FreePik
1) The author of the Article, or members of the author’s immediate household or family, do not own any securities of the companies set forth in this Article. The author determined which companies would be included in this article based on research and understanding of the sector.
2) The Article was issued on behalf of and sponsored by, Surf Air Mobility Inc. Market Jar Media Inc. has or expects to receive from Surf Air Mobility Inc..’s Digital Marketing Agency of Record (Native Ads Inc.) forty-two thousand, five hundred USD for 36 days (26 business days).
3) Statements and opinions expressed are the opinions of the author and not Market Jar Media Inc., its directors or officers. The author is wholly responsible for the validity of the statements. The author was not paid by Market Jar Media Inc. for this Article. Market Jar Media Inc. was not paid by the author to publish or syndicate this Article. Market Jar has not independently verified or otherwise investigated all such information. None of Market Jar or any of their respective affiliates, guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any such information. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security. Market Jar Media Inc. requires contributing authors to disclose any shareholdings in, or economic relationships with, companies that they write about. Market Jar Media Inc. relies upon the authors to accurately provide this information and Market Jar Media Inc. has no means of verifying its accuracy.
5) Market Jar Media Inc. and its respective directors, officers and employees hold no shares for any company mentioned in the Article.
6) This document contains forward-looking information and forward-looking statements, within the meaning of applicable Canadian securities legislation, (collectively, “forward-looking statements”), which reflect management’s expectations regarding Surf Air Mobility Inc.’s future growth, future business plans and opportunities, expected activities, and other statements about future events, results or performance. Wherever possible, words such as “predicts”, “projects”, “targets”, “plans”, “expects”, “does not expect”, “budget”, “scheduled”, “estimates”, “forecasts”, “anticipate” or “does not anticipate”, “believe”, “intend” and similar expressions or statements that certain actions, events or results “may”, “could”, “would”, “might” or “will” be taken, occur or be achieved, or the negative or grammatical variation thereof or other variations thereof, or comparable terminology have been used to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements include, among other things, statements relating to: (a) revenue generating potential with respect to Surf Air Mobility Inc.’s industry; (b) market opportunity; (c) Surf Air Mobility Inc.’s business plans and strategies; (d) services that Surf Air Mobility Inc. intends to offer; (e) Surf Air Mobility Inc.’s milestone projections and targets; (f) Surf Air Mobility Inc.’s expectations regarding receipt of approval for regulatory applications; (g) Surf Air Mobility Inc.’s intentions to expand into other jurisdictions including the timeline expectations relating to those expansion plans; and (h) Surf Air Mobility Inc.’s expectations with regarding its ability to deliver shareholder value. Forward-looking statements are not a guarantee of future performance and are based upon a number of estimates and assumptions of management in light of management’s experience and perception of trends, current conditions and expected developments, as well as other factors that management believes to be relevant and reasonable in the circumstances, as of the date of this document including, without limitation, assumptions about: (a) the ability to raise any necessary additional capital on reasonable terms to execute Surf Air Mobility Inc.’s business plan; (b) that general business and economic conditions will not change in a material adverse manner; (c) Surf Air Mobility Inc.’s ability to procure equipment and operating supplies in sufficient quantities and on a timely basis; (d) the accuracy of budgeted costs and expenditures; (e) Surf Air Mobility Inc.’s ability to attract and retain skilled personnel; (f) political and regulatory stability; (g) the receipt of governmental, regulatory and third-party approvals, licenses and permits on favorable terms; (h) changes in applicable legislation; (i) stability in financial and capital markets; and (j) expectations regarding the level of disruption to as a result of CV-19. Such forward-looking information involves a variety of known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause the actual plans, intentions, activities, results, performance or achievements of Surf Air Mobility Inc. to be materially different from any future plans, intentions, activities, results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such risks include, without limitation: (a) Surf Air Mobility Inc.’s operations could be adversely affected by possible future government legislation, policies and controls or by changes in applicable laws and regulations; (b) public health crises such as CV-19 may adversely impact Surf Air Mobility Inc.’s business; (c) the volatility of global capital markets; (d) political instability and changes to the regulations governing Surf Air Mobility Inc.’s business operations (e) Surf Air Mobility Inc. may be unable to implement its growth strategy; and (f) increased competition.
Except as required by law, Surf Air Mobility Inc. undertakes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future event or otherwise, after the date on which the statements are made or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events. Neither does Surf Air Mobility Inc. nor any of its representatives make any representation or warranty, express or implied, as to the accuracy, sufficiency or completeness of the information in this document. Neither Surf Air Mobility Inc. nor any of its representatives shall have any liability whatsoever, under contract, tort, trust or otherwise, to you or any person resulting from the use of the information in this document by you or any of your representatives or for omissions from the information in this document.
7) Any graphs, tables or other information demonstrating the historical performance or current or historical attributes of Surf Air Mobility Inc. or any other entity contained in this document are intended only to illustrate historical performance or current or historical attributes of Surf Air Mobility Inc. or such entities and are not necessarily indicative of future performance of Surf Air Mobility Inc. or such entities.
8) Investing is risky. The information provided in this article should not be considered as a substitute for professional financial consultation. Users should be aware that investing in any form carries inherent risks, and as such, there is a possibility of losing some or all of their investment. The value of investments can fluctuate significantly within a short period, and investors must understand that past performance is not indicative of future results. Additionally, users should exercise caution as transactions involving investments may be irreversible, even in cases of fraud or accidental actions. It is crucial to acknowledge that rapidly evolving laws and technical issues can have adverse effects on the usability, transferability, exchangeability, and value of investments. Furthermore, users must be cognizant of potential security risks associated with their investment activities. Individuals are strongly encouraged to conduct thorough research, seek professional advice, and carefully evaluate their risk tolerance before engaging in any investment endeavors. Market Jar Media Inc. is neither an investment adviser nor a broker-dealer. The information presented on the website is provided for informative purposes only and is not to be treated as a recommendation to make any specific investment. No such information on PressReach.com constitutes advice or a recommendation.