Small Modular Reactors (SMRs) and nuclear technology have been attracting increasing attention and funding for their potential in addressing energy needs and reducing carbon emissions.
X-Energy Reactor Company, a developer of advanced SMRs and fuel technology for clean energy, just concluded its Series C financing round, securing an additional $80 million in funding and bringing the total to $235 million. Key investors include Ares Management Corporation, founder Kam Ghaffarian, and others like Ontario Power Generation.
Last week, the Canadian government announced plans to substantially increase its nuclear energy production, signing a pledge to triple its nuclear capacity by 2050 alongside 22 other countries at the COP28 United Nations Climate Change Conference in the United Arab Emirates.
Canada’s federal government has already made investments into the space, including C$74 million ($55 million) to support SaskPower’s potential deployment of a 300-MW small modular reactor in the mid-2030s.
Natural Resources Canada confirmed that up to C$50 million will be allocated to SaskPower from the Electricity Predevelopment Program’s C$250 million fund. Another C$24 million will be committed to the provincial government of Saskatchewan from the Future Electricity Fund (FEF) by Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC).
In June 2022, SaskPower chose GE Hitachi Nuclear Energy’s BWRX-300 SMR technology for the province’s first two potential nuclear units, shortlisting study areas in Elbow and Estevan. SaskPower’s proposed SMR, if built, will mark the province’s first commercial nuclear project.
This initiative is poised to boost the demand for locally sourced uranium, capitalizing on the province’s standing as a top uranium producer.
The Athabasca Basin in northern Saskatchewan is home to some of the richest uranium mines globally, containing significant and high-grade uranium deposits. It is expected to contribute approximately 15% to the annual global uranium production, with grades that surpass the global average by 10 to 20 times.
One notable uranium exploration player in the Athabasca Basin is GoldMining Inc. (NYSE-A:GLDG), which boasts a robust portfolio of projects, substantial cash reserves amounting to $163 million, and a debt-free status.
GoldMining’s Bold Move in a Resurgent Uranium Market
GoldMining‘s business strategy revolves around acquiring high-quality resources at low costs and unlocking their value. The company, financially robust with no debt and over $160 million in cash and equity holdings, is well-positioned for growth.
Management and insiders, holding about 15% of the company, align their interests with shareholders, presenting a promising opportunity for investors in a market where gold’s value is on the rise. The presence of renowned names like David Garofalo, Warren Gilman, Rick Rule, and Doug Casey in the shareholder registry further enhances the company’s credibility.
Despite a market-attributed EV of only $29 million for all its assets, GoldMining holds substantial resources, including the La Mina gold deposit valued at $369 million and a 75% stake in the Rea uranium project in partnership with major uranium producer Orano.
GoldMining Inc. (NYSE-A:GLDG) is gearing up for a renewed phase of exploration at the Rea Uranium Project, situated in the prolific Western Athabasca Basin in Canada.
Covering approximately 125,328 hectares, GoldMining’s Rea Uranium Project strategically surrounds Orano’s high-grade Dragon Lake deposit, placing it in a prime location near world-class uranium reserves.
The Rea Project is entering the scene amid a robust uranium market, with uranium spot hitting $85 per pound, the highest in 15 years. This surge positions uranium as the leading performer among energy commodities in 2023, underscoring the project’s potential in a strong market. Its proximity to significant uranium developments such as Fission Uranium’s Triple R and NexGen Energy’s Arrow deposits further solidifies its appeal, emphasizing its potential in a region known for high-grade uranium.
Acquired in 2013 as part of GoldMining‘s takeover of Brazilian Gold Corporation, the Rea Project is situated in an historically underexplored area. However, recent high-grade discoveries in the nearby Patterson Lake area have reignited exploration interest in the region. The project’s closeness to the shallow uranium mineralization at the Dragon Lake deposit, part of Orano’s Maybelle River project, enhances its exploration prospects.
With a global resource base of 12.65 million ounces of gold (Measured and Indicated) and an additional 13.41 million ounces (Inferred), GoldMining strategically acquired assets at favorable prices, demonstrating a contrarian investment strategy. Operations span Brazil, Colombia, Peru, and North America, with significant stakes in Gold Royalty Corp, US GoldMining, and NevGold.
1) The author of the Article, or members of the author’s immediate household or family, do not own any securities of the companies set forth in this Article. The author determined which companies would be included in this article based on research and understanding of the sector.
2) The Article was issued on behalf of and sponsored by, CarbonCredits.com. Market Jar Media Inc. has or expects to receive from CarbonCredits.com’s Digital Marketing Agency of Record (Native Ads Inc) one thousand one hundred USD for this article.
3) Statements and opinions expressed are the opinions of the author and not Market Jar Media Inc., its directors or officers. The author is wholly responsible for the validity of the statements. The author was not paid by Market Jar Media Inc. for this Article. Market Jar Media Inc. was not paid by the author to publish or syndicate this Article. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security. Market Jar Media Inc. requires contributing authors to disclose any shareholdings in, or economic relationships with, companies that they write about. Market Jar Media Inc. relies upon the authors to accurately provide this information and Market Jar Media Inc. has no means of verifying its accuracy.
5) Market Jar Media Inc. and its respective directors, officers and employees hold no shares for any company mentioned in the Article.
6) This document contains forward-looking information and forward-looking statements, within the meaning of applicable Canadian securities legislation, (collectively, “forward-looking statements”), which reflect management’s expectations regarding CarbonCredits.com.’s future growth, future business plans and opportunities, expected activities, and other statements about future events, results or performance. Wherever possible, words such as “predicts”, “projects”, “targets”, “plans”, “expects”, “does not expect”, “budget”, “scheduled”, “estimates”, “forecasts”, “anticipate” or “does not anticipate”, “believe”, “intend” and similar expressions or statements that certain actions, events or results “may”, “could”, “would”, “might” or “will” be taken, occur or be achieved, or the negative or grammatical variation thereof or other variations thereof, or comparable terminology have been used to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements include, among other things, statements relating to: (a) revenue generating potential with respect to CarbonCredits.com.’s industry; (b) market opportunity; (c) CarbonCredits.com’s business plans and strategies; (d) services that CarbonCredits.com intends to offer; (e) CarbonCredits.coms milestone projections and targets; (f) CarbonCredits.com’s expectations regarding receipt of approval for regulatory applications; (g) CarbonCredits.com’s intentions to expand into other jurisdictions including the timeline expectations relating to those expansion plans; and (h) CarbonCredits.com’s expectations with regarding its ability to deliver shareholder value. Forward-looking statements are not a guarantee of future performance and are based upon a number of estimates and assumptions of management in light of management’s experience and perception of trends, current conditions and expected developments, as well as other factors that management believes to be relevant and reasonable in the circumstances, as of the date of this document including, without limitation, assumptions about: (a) the ability to raise any necessary additional capital on reasonable terms to execute CarbonCredits.com’s business plan; (b) that general business and economic conditions will not change in a material adverse manner; (c) CarbonCredits.com’s ability to procure equipment and operating supplies in sufficient quantities and on a timely basis; (d) CarbonCredits.com’s ability to enter into contractual arrangements with additional Pharmacies; (e) the accuracy of budgeted costs and expenditures; (f) CarbonCredits.com’s ability to attract and retain skilled personnel; (g) political and regulatory stability; (h) the receipt of governmental, regulatory and third-party approvals, licenses and permits on favorable terms; (i) changes in applicable legislation; (j) stability in financial and capital markets; and (k) expectations regarding the level of disruption to as a result of CV-19. Such forward-looking information involves a variety of known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause the actual plans, intentions, activities, results, performance or achievements of CarbonCredits.com to be materially different from any future plans, intentions, activities, results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such risks include, without limitation: (a) CarbonCredits.com’s operations could be adversely affected by possible future government legislation, policies and controls or by changes in applicable laws and regulations; (b) public health crises such as CV-19 may adversely impact CarbonCredits.com’s business; (c) the volatility of global capital markets; (d) political instability and changes to the regulations governing CarbonCredits.com’s business operations (e) CarbonCredits.com may be unable to implement its growth strategy; and (f) increased competition.
Except as required by law, CarbonCredits.com undertakes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future event or otherwise, after the date on which the statements are made or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events. Neither does CarbonCredits.com nor any of its representatives make any representation or warranty, express or implied, as to the accuracy, sufficiency or completeness of the information in this document. Neither CarbonCredits.com nor any of its representatives shall have any liability whatsoever, under contract, tort, trust or otherwise, to you or any person resulting from the use of the information in this document by you or any of your representatives or for omissions from the information in this document.
7) Any graphs, tables or other information demonstrating the historical performance or current or historical attributes of CarbonCredits.com or any other entity contained in this document are intended only to illustrate historical performance or current or historical attributes of CarbonCredits.com or such entities and are not necessarily indicative of future performance of CarbonCredits.com or such entities.
8) Investing is risky. The information provided in this article should not be considered as a substitute for professional financial consultation. Users should be aware that investing in any form carries inherent risks, and as such, there is a possibility of losing some or all of their investment. The value of investments can fluctuate significantly within a short period, and investors must understand that past performance is not indicative of future results. Additionally, users should exercise caution as transactions involving investments may be irreversible, even in cases of fraud or accidental actions. It is crucial to acknowledge that rapidly evolving laws and technical issues can have adverse effects on the usability, transferability, exchangeability, and value of investments. Furthermore, users must be cognizant of potential security risks associated with their investment activities. Individuals are strongly encouraged to conduct thorough research, seek professional advice, and carefully evaluate their risk tolerance before engaging in any investment endeavors. Market Jar Media Inc. is neither an investment adviser nor a broker-dealer. The information presented on the website is provided for informative purposes only and is not to be treated as a recommendation to make any specific investment. No such information on PressReach.com constitutes advice or a recommendation.