Vancouver, Canada – November 21, 2022 – Fury Gold Mines Limited (TSX:FURY, NYSEAmerican:FURY) (“Fury” or the “Company”) is pleased to provide results for three core drill holes at the Eau Claire project located in the Eeyou Istchee Territory in the James Bay region of Quebec. The three holes targeted the Gap Zone between the 450 Zone, which hosts the bulk of the Eau Claire defined resource (Figure 1), and the Hinge Target. Drill hole 22EC-058 intercepted three zones of gold mineralization across 42.5 metres (m) drilled width including 1.0m of 45.00 g/t Au and 1.0m of 5.55 g/t Au (Table 1). The intercepts from 22EC-058 extend gold mineralization by approximately 150m to the west and 315m downdip of the defined resource, further expanding the mineralized footprint of the deposit.
“The Gap Zone is a highly prospective target for Fury and these results are very encouraging as they have expanded the mineralized footprint at Eau Claire and demonstrate that the deposit is open for significant expansion in a third target area,” commented Tim Clark, CEO of Fury. “We are looking forward to the remaining 11 drill holes completed, from the Hinge Target, Eastern Extension, and Percival targets which are pending assay, with results expected in the coming weeks as well as the expansive Geochem survey we completed at our Lac Clarkie project.”
Fury’s recognition of the stratigraphic controls on the Eau Claire deposit mineralization opened up the “Gap Zone” for targeting. Drill holes 22EC-056 – 22EC-058 targeted a 450m by 450m area that was not historically drilled. Drill hole 22EC-058 demonstrates the potential of this area to add additional ounces to the resource as it represents a 150m step out and 315m down dip extension from the limits of the currently defined resource. Fury believes that additional drilling is warranted in the Gap Zone area due to its location directly west of the 450 Zone, and its relatively shallow position within the system. The stratigraphic position of the mineralization encountered in drill hole 22EC-058 is consistent with that encountered in the deep portions of the Hinge Target starting 400 metres to the west.
Table 1: Eau Claire Drill Results – Gap Zone
“Between the newly encountered mineralization at the Gap Zone and the Hinge Target we have significantly expanded the mineralized footprint of the Eau Claire deposit. The deposit remains open in all directions, and we look forward to continuing to showcase the potential scale of Eau Claire,” stated Bryan Atkinson, SVP, Exploration of Fury.
Currently, there is one completed hole pending assay results from the Hinge Target, two from the eastern extension and eight from Percival. The Company anticipates results from these holes to be released as received over the coming weeks.
Figure 2: Illustrates the intercepts at the “Gap Zone” in relation to the Eau Claire deposit block model.
Sampling and Assaying Disclosure
Analytical samples for the Drill Program were taken by sawing HQ diameter core into equal halves on site with one half sent to ALS Chemex in Val D’or, Quebec, Canada for preparation and analysis. All samples were assayed using a 50 g nominal weight fire assay with inductively coupled plasma – atomic emission spectrometry finish (Au-ICP22) and multi-element four acid digest ICP-AES/ICP-MS method (ME-MS61). Where Au-ICP22 results were greater than 0.5 ppm Au the assay was repeated with a 50 g nominal weight fire assay with atomic absorption finish (Au-AA24). Samples containing more than 5 ppm by Au-AA24 were re-assayed with 50 g nominal weight fire assay with gravimetric finish (Au-GRA22). QA/QC programs using internal standard samples, field and lab duplicates and blanks indicate good overall accuracy and precision.
David Rivard, P.Geo, Exploration Manager at Fury, is a “qualified person” within the meaning of Canadian mineral projects disclosure standards instrument 43-101 and has reviewed and approved the technical disclosures in this press release.
About Fury Gold Mines Limited
Fury Gold Mines Limited is a well-financed Canadian-focused exploration company positioned in two prolific mining regions across the country and holds a 59.5 million common share position in Dolly Varden Silver Corp (25.8%). Led by a management team and board of directors with proven success in financing and advancing exploration assets, Fury intends to grow its multi-million-ounce gold platform through rigorous project evaluation and exploration excellence. Fury is committed to upholding the highest industry standards for corporate governance, environmental stewardship, community engagement and sustainable mining. For more information on Fury Gold Mines, visit www.furygoldmines.com.
For further information on Fury Gold Mines Limited, please contact:
Margaux Villalpando, Investor Relations
Tel: (844) 601-0841
Email: [email protected]
Forward-Looking Information and Additional Cautionary Language
This release includes certain statements that may be deemed to be “forward-looking information” or “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of applicable securities laws, which relate to the future operations of the Company and other statements that are not historical facts. Forward-looking information contained in this release primarily relates to statements that suggest that future work at Eau Claire will potentially increase or upgrade the estimated gold resources.
Although the Company believes that the assumptions and expectations reflected in those forward-looking statements were reasonable at the time such statements were made, there can be no assurance that such assumptions and expectations will prove to be correct. Exploration is a high-risk enterprise.
Readers should refer to the risks discussed in the Company’s Annual Information Form and MD&A for the year ended December 31, 2021 and subsequent continuous disclosure filings with the Canadian Securities Administrators available at www.sedar.com and the Company’s Annual Report including the Base Shelf Prospectus available at www.sec.gov. Readers should not place heavy reliance on forward-looking information, which inherently can only as of the date made.
Cautionary Note to United States Investors Concerning Estimates of Mineral Disclosure
The mining and technical disclosure throughout this release is made in accordance with applicable Canadian law and the guidelines set out in the Canadian Institute of Mining, Metallurgy and Petroleum (“CIM”). The Company’s descriptions of its projects using applicable CIM terminology, which includes defined terms such as indicated resources, may not be comparable to similar information about resource grades that would be made public by U.S. companies which are subject to the reporting and disclosure requirements under the United States federal securities laws.
Featured Image MegaPixl @ Adwo
1) The author of the Article, or members of the author’s immediate household or family, do not own any securities of the companies set forth in this Article. The author determined which companies would be included in this article based on research and understanding of the sector.
2)The Article was issued on behalf of and sponsored by, Fury Gold Mines Limited. Market Jar Media Inc. has or expects to receive from Fury Gold Mines Limited.’s Digital Marketing Agency of Record (Native Ads Inc.) sixty-eight thousand and four hundred Canadian dollars for 38 days (26 business days).
3) Statements and opinions expressed are the opinions of the author and not Market Jar Media Inc., its directors or officers. The author is wholly responsible for the validity of the statements. The author was not paid by Market Jar Media Inc. for this Article. Market Jar Media Inc. was not paid by the author to publish or syndicate this Article. Market Jar has not independently verified or otherwise investigated all such information. None of Market Jar or any of their respective affiliates, guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any such information. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security. Market Jar Media Inc. requires contributing authors to disclose any shareholdings in, or economic relationships with, companies that they write about. Market Jar Media Inc. relies upon the authors to accurately provide this information and Market Jar Media Inc. has no means of verifying its accuracy.
5) Market Jar Media Inc. and its respective directors, officers and employees hold no shares for any company mentioned in the Article.
6) This document contains forward-looking information and forward-looking statements, within the meaning of applicable Canadian securities legislation, (collectively, “forward-looking statements”), which reflect management’s expectations regarding Fury Gold Mines Limited.’s future growth, future business plans and opportunities, expected activities, and other statements about future events, results or performance. Wherever possible, words such as “predicts”, “projects”, “targets”, “plans”, “expects”, “does not expect”, “budget”, “scheduled”, “estimates”, “forecasts”, “anticipate” or “does not anticipate”, “believe”, “intend” and similar expressions or statements that certain actions, events or results “may”, “could”, “would”, “might” or “will” be taken, occur or be achieved, or the negative or grammatical variation thereof or other variations thereof, or comparable terminology have been used to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements include, among other things, statements relating to: (a) revenue generating potential with respect to Fury Gold Mines Limited.’s industry; (b) market opportunity; (c) Fury Gold Mines Limited.’s business plans and strategies; (d) services that Fury Gold Mines Limited. intends to offer; (e) Fury Gold Mines Limited.’s milestone projections and targets; (f) Fury Gold Mines Limited.’s expectations regarding receipt of approval for regulatory applications; (g) Fury Gold Mines Limited. intentions to expand into other jurisdictions including the timeline expectations relating to those expansion plans; and (h) Fury Gold Mines Limited.’s expectations with regarding its ability to deliver shareholder value. Forward-looking statements are not a guarantee of future performance and are based upon a number of estimates and assumptions of management in light of management’s experience and perception of trends, current conditions and expected developments, as well as other factors that management believes to be relevant and reasonable in the circumstances, as of the date of this document including, without limitation, assumptions about: (a) the ability to raise any necessary additional capital on reasonable terms to execute Fury Gold Mines Limited.’s business plan; (b) that general business and economic conditions will not change in a material adverse manner; (c) Fury Gold Mines Limited.’s ability to procure equipment and operating supplies in sufficient quantities and on a timely basis; (d) Fury Gold Mines Limited.’s ability to enter into contractual arrangements with additional Pharmacies; (e) the accuracy of budgeted costs and expenditures; (f) Fury Gold Mines Limited.’s ability to attract and retain skilled personnel; (g) political and regulatory stability; (h) the receipt of governmental, regulatory and third-party approvals, licenses and permits on favorable terms; (i) changes in applicable legislation; (j) stability in financial and capital markets; and (k) expectations regarding the level of disruption to as a result of CV-19. Such forward-looking information involves a variety of known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause the actual plans, intentions, activities, results, performance or achievements of Fury Gold Mines Limited. to be materially different from any future plans, intentions, activities, results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such risks include, without limitation: (a) Fury Gold Mines Limited.’s operations could be adversely affected by possible future government legislation, policies and controls or by changes in applicable laws and regulations; (b) public health crises such as CV-19 may adversely impact Fury Gold Mines Limited.’s business; (c) the volatility of global capital markets; (d) political instability and changes to the regulations governing Fury Gold Mines Limited.’s business operations (e) BroadbandTV Corp. may be unable to implement its growth strategy; and (f) increased competition.
Except as required by law, Fury Gold Mines Limited. undertakes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future event or otherwise, after the date on which the statements are made or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events. Neither does Fury Gold Mines Limited. nor any of its representatives make any representation or warranty, express or implied, as to the accuracy, sufficiency or completeness of the information in this document. Neither Fury Gold Mines Limited. nor any of its representatives shall have any liability whatsoever, under contract, tort, trust or otherwise, to you or any person resulting from the use of the information in this document by you or any of your representatives or for omissions from the information in this document.
7) Any graphs, tables or other information demonstrating the historical performance or current or historical attributes of Fury Gold Mines Limited. or any other entity contained in this document are intended only to illustrate historical performance or current or historical attributes of Fury Gold Mines Limited. or such entities and are not necessarily indicative of future performance of Fury Gold Mines Limited. or such entities.