KELOWNA, BC, Nov. 10, 2022 – FISSION URANIUM CORP. (“Fission” or the “Company“) is pleased to announce that it has entered into an Engagement and Capacity Agreement (the “Agreement“) with the Birch Narrows Dene Nation (“BNDN”). Fission’s PLS project (the “Project“) in the southwest Athabasca Basin region is within the BNDN’s Ancestral Lands. Fission commenced an Environmental Assessment in December 2021 and expects to complete a Feasibility Study by the end of 2022.
Fission continues to actively develop relationships and engage with Indigenous and local communities to facilitate their involvement in the assessment of the project and its development. The Agreement creates a process for Fission and BNDN to meaningfully engage in respect of the PLS Project, and strengthens the positive, cooperative working relationship that has been established.
Fission and BNDN will jointly develop mutually acceptable engagement processes to enhance information sharing, to facilitate BNDN participation in project planning, assessment, environmental studies, and review activities. The Agreement will support BNDN in reviewing and providing input on relevant aspects of the Project. Fission and BNDN will also work together to identify potential impacts of the Project on the Indigenous Rights, culture, traditional and land resource use, the environment, and community interests of BNDN and explore options to mitigate or avoid those impacts. Additionally, Fission and BNDN will work to identify and effectively utilize traditional knowledge to enhance the Project.
Fission will provide funding for all of these processes. Together, these processes will enable Fission and BNDN to continue to share information with respect to the PLS Project and further develop their ongoing relationship.
Chief Jonathon Sylvestre of BNDN stated, “Our priority is to ensure that the lands and waters are being protected. Consultation with our community must occur so that our members fully understand the Project before any development on our Ancestral Lands moves forward.
This Agreement is an important milestone in the engagement process with Fission. It will allow our community members to learn about the PLS project and provide input. More importantly, it will allow Fission to learn about our community, our culture, our lands and our vision for the future. Ultimately, this agreement is an important step in our communications with Fission to better inform our members on the Project to seek our free, prior, and informed consent for the PLS Project.
Protection of lands and waters is integral for Birch Narrows Dene Nation. With trust, collaboration, and communication we believe a sustainable relationship with industry is possible. This Agreement gives our community the tools to make informed decisions in the best interest of our future generations.”
Ross McElroy, President and CEO for Fission, commented, “Fission is very pleased to have signed an Engagement and Capacity Agreement with the BNDN. Both sides have worked diligently and developed the processes to deliver on our mutually beneficial goals. We have built a solid foundation for our working relationship moving forward and I would like to thank the BNDN and its leaders for their clear communications and their integrity. I look forward to our future efforts together as we put in safeguards for the environment while advancing the PLS project.”
This Agreement reflects Fission’s commitment to building strong relationships with rights-holders, including First Nations and Métis communities, throughout the life of Fission’s PLS Project. The Company has met with and continues to engage with top level representatives of rights-holders. The goal is to ensure that all rights-holders remain up to date regarding the PLS Project’s current status and future plans. Fission is also committed to engaging with all stakeholders with an interest in the Project, including local communities, municipalities, governments, and regulatory agencies.
Fission Uranium Corp. is a Canadian based resource company specializing in the strategic exploration and development of the Patterson Lake South uranium property – host to the class-leading Triple R uranium deposit – and is headquartered in Kelowna, British Columbia. Fission’s common shares are listed on the TSX Exchange under the symbol “FCU” and trade on the OTCQX marketplace in the U.S. under the symbol “FCUUF.”
ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD
Ross McElroy, President and CEO
Certain information contained in this press release constitutes “forward-looking information”, within the meaning of Canadian legislation. Generally, these forward-looking statements can be identified by the use of forward-looking terminology such as “plans”, “expects” or “does not expect”, “is expected”, “budget”, “scheduled”, “estimates”, “forecasts”, “intends”, “anticipates” or “does not anticipate”, or “believes”, or variations of such words and phrases or state that certain actions, events or results “may”, “could”, “would”, “might” or “will be taken”, “occur”, “be achieved” or “has the potential to”. Forward looking statements contained in this press release may include statements regarding the future operating or financial performance of Fission and Fission Uranium which involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties which may not prove to be accurate. Actual results and outcomes may differ materially from what is expressed or forecasted in these forward-looking statements. Such statements are qualified in their entirety by the inherent risks and uncertainties surrounding future expectations. Among those factors which could cause actual results to differ materially are the following: market conditions and other risk factors listed from time to time in our reports filed with Canadian securities regulators on SEDAR at www.sedar.com. The forward-looking statements included in this press release are made as of the date of this press release and the Company and Fission Uranium disclaim any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as expressly required by applicable securities legislation.
SOURCE Fission Uranium Corp.
For further information: Investor Relations, TF: 877-868-8140, [email protected], www.fissionuranium.com
Featured Image MegaPixl @ Tomas111
1) The author of the Article, or members of the author’s immediate household or family, do not own any securities of the companies set forth in this Article. The author determined which companies would be included in this article based on research and understanding of the sector.
2) The Article was issued on behalf of and sponsored by, Fission Uranium Corp. Market Jar Media Inc. has or expects to receive from Fission Uranium Corp.’s Digital Marketing Agency of Record (Native Ads Inc) one thousand five hundred USD for this article.
3) Statements and opinions expressed are the opinions of the author and not Market Jar Media Inc., its directors or officers. The author is wholly responsible for the validity of the statements. The author was not paid by Market Jar Media Inc. for this Article. Market Jar Media Inc. was not paid by the author to publish or syndicate this Article. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security. Market Jar Media Inc. requires contributing authors to disclose any shareholdings in, or economic relationships with, companies that they write about. Market Jar Media Inc. relies upon the authors to accurately provide this information and Market Jar Media Inc. has no means of verifying its accuracy.
5) Market Jar Media Inc. and its respective directors, officers and employees hold no shares for any company mentioned in the Article.
6) This document contains forward-looking information and forward-looking statements, within the meaning of applicable Canadian securities legislation, (collectively, “forward-looking statements”), which reflect management’s expectations regarding Fission Uranium Corp.’s future growth, future business plans and opportunities, expected activities, and other statements about future events, results or performance. Wherever possible, words such as “predicts”, “projects”, “targets”, “plans”, “expects”, “does not expect”, “budget”, “scheduled”, “estimates”, “forecasts”, “anticipate” or “does not anticipate”, “believe”, “intend” and similar expressions or statements that certain actions, events or results “may”, “could”, “would”, “might” or “will” be taken, occur or be achieved, or the negative or grammatical variation thereof or other variations thereof, or comparable terminology have been used to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements include, among other things, statements relating to: (a) revenue generating potential with respect to Fission Uranium Corp.’s industry; (b) market opportunity; (c) Fission Uranium Corp.’s business plans and strategies; (d) services that Fission Uranium Corp. intends to offer; (e) The Oregon Groups milestone projections and targets; (f) Fission Uranium Corp.’s expectations regarding receipt of approval for regulatory applications; (g) Fission Uranium Corp.’s intentions to expand into other jurisdictions including the timeline expectations relating to those expansion plans; and (h) Fission Uranium Corp.’s expectations with regarding its ability to deliver shareholder value. Forward-looking statements are not a guarantee of future performance and are based upon a number of estimates and assumptions of management in light of management’s experience and perception of trends, current conditions and expected developments, as well as other factors that management believes to be relevant and reasonable in the circumstances, as of the date of this document including, without limitation, assumptions about: (a) the ability to raise any necessary additional capital on reasonable terms to execute Fission Uranium Corp.’s business plan; (b) that general business and economic conditions will not change in a material adverse manner; (c) Fission Uranium Corp.’s ability to procure equipment and operating supplies in sufficient quantities and on a timely basis; (d) Fission Uranium Corp.’s ability to enter into contractual arrangements with additional Pharmacies; (e) the accuracy of budgeted costs and expenditures; (f) Fission Uranium Corp.’s ability to attract and retain skilled personnel; (g) political and regulatory stability; (h) the receipt of governmental, regulatory and third-party approvals, licenses and permits on favorable terms; (i) changes in applicable legislation; (j) stability in financial and capital markets; and (k) expectations regarding the level of disruption to as a result of CV-19. Such forward-looking information involves a variety of known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause the actual plans, intentions, activities, results, performance or achievements of Fission Uranium Corp. to be materially different from any future plans, intentions, activities, results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such risks include, without limitation: (a) Fission Uranium Corp.’s operations could be adversely affected by possible future government legislation, policies and controls or by changes in applicable laws and regulations; (b) public health crises such as CV-19 may adversely impact Fission Uranium Corp.’s business; (c) the volatility of global capital markets; (d) political instability and changes to the regulations governing Fission Uranium Corp.’s business operations (e) Fission Uranium Corp. may be unable to implement its growth strategy; and (f) increased competition.
Except as required by law, Fission Uranium Corp. undertakes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future event or otherwise, after the date on which the statements are made or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events. Neither does Fission Uranium Corp. nor any of its representatives make any representation or warranty, express or implied, as to the accuracy, sufficiency or completeness of the information in this document. Neither Fission Uranium Corp. nor any of its representatives shall have any liability whatsoever, under contract, tort, trust or otherwise, to you or any person resulting from the use of the information in this document by you or any of your representatives or for omissions from the information in this document.
7) Any graphs, tables or other information demonstrating the historical performance or current or historical attributes of Fission Uranium Corp. or any other entity contained in this document are intended only to illustrate historical performance or current or historical attributes of Fission Uranium Corp. or such entities and are not necessarily indicative of future performance of Fission Uranium Corp. or such entities.