Why should business owners use press releases? How does press release distribution work? Many business owners today are wondering how to distribute their press release so it lands in the right hands.
The truth is few things can be as beneficial for a business as a good press release, but we’ll talk more about that in a minute.
First, let’s look at distribution services, what they are, why they are important and how they work.
Are You Wondering How Distribution Works? If So, You Are Not Alone
The good news is the process of sending press releases has progressed significantly since business owners or their staff had to physically mail releases to newspapers and news outlets.
Today, thanks to the Internet, you can quickly get your press release in front of thousands of press organizations, investors, and others who may be interested in what you have to say or report.
That’s because distribution is now being performed by organizations that have amassed networks that enable a business’s press releases to be viewed quickly by a large target audience.
Also called “newswires,” these services can provide much more exposure than a business could hope to generate on its own.
In fact, without these services, many companies would be left to post their releases on their website and hope they are viewed or to send them via email to top news organizations and interested parties.
Neither of those options sounds very good, especially in today’s busy world.
So Exactly How Does Distribution Work?
The process can be broken down into three simple steps.
Step 1 – The company writes a press release. Don’t have anyone who excels at press release writing? Many distribution services can also write releases for a business.
Step 2 – The company then submits its press release to a distribution service like PressReach, eReleases, or Newswire.
Step 3 – The press distribution service sends that release to its network. For instance, PressReach instantly sends press releases to a massive network of investors and press organizations so that a company can gain significant exposure to the people and groups it most wants to hear its story.
What Are the Benefits of Working With a Distribution Service?
There are many benefits that come from the broader and easier distribution offered by syndication networks and distribution services. Those benefits include:
- Businesses gain access to a much bigger audience than they would by doing their own distribution
- Businesses free up staff that would have otherwise spent hours building and sending to targeted media lists
- Businesses receive state-of-the-art tracking information so they can see the impact their release had and accurately evaluate the success or failure of a PR campaign
- Of course, one of the biggest benefits is that businesses gain exposure to targeted audiences that can boost sales, increase investment, and more
Here is a quick example of how the right distributor can help a business.
This particular company simply posted its press releases on its website and then used Google AdWords to drive traffic to its website’s news section.
As a result, the company struggled to gain investors and credibility in the marketplace.
When the company tried one press release campaign with PressReach, it gained more investors and greater exposure than it did in a year of posting its press releases on its website. It also spent much less than it was on Google AdWords.
A Business’s News is Important & Deserves Exposure to the Largest Possible Audience
That’s where press distribution services come into play. Businesses simply can’t expect investors and news organizations to come find them. Marketplaces are much too crowded, and people are much too busy these days for that to happen with any regularity.
Now it’s up to businesses to go out and get their messages in front of the people and organizations that matter. Luckily that is easier to do than ever before, thanks to press distribution services, or newswires.
Of course, distribution is only half the battle. It is equally important to know how to write an effective release.
Businesses should aim to write releases that grab attention and get the audience more interested in learning about them.
To help you do that, here are some press release writing tips.
How to Write a Press Release for Distribution
- Create an attention-grabbing, curiosity-building headline that draws readers into the release
- Cover the most exciting fact or facts in your first paragraph
- Then expand on the story but take care to keep your press release “lean” … press releases should be brief and factual
- Include some quotes that add color to the release while also pushing the story forward
- Don’t forget to include a release date, contact information, and a description of your company
When writing a press release for distribution, the most important thing to remember is to focus on the things you believe are most vital to your target audience.
Strive to make your release both interesting and easy to read. Of course, you won’t be able to do this with all press releases, but when you can try to come up with a hook that turns the ordinary into the extraordinarily interesting, something that grabs attention and attracts curiosity.
Press Release Distribution Services Provide the Tools Businesses Need to Get the Exposure They Desire
The bottom line is in today’s competitive global marketplace, promoting your business has never been more important. That’s why more and more companies and experts are turning to distribution services.
When a business uses one of these services, it can begin immediately benefiting in all of the following ways:
Network Expansion –
- New investors learn about the company
- Existing relationships are reinforced
Brand Building –
- Editorial mentions break through to buyers and investors
- Leadership gains credibility via news media endorsement
Market Share Growth –
- Media interviews attract more interviews
- News media validation and quotes of endorsement are yours
Greater Credibility –
- Journalists may ask company officials to define the news on their terms
- Officials also benefit by being seen as “go-to” experts in a marketplace
All of this is why when it comes to attracting investors and customers and growing a business, few approaches are as effective as using a credible disruption service.
By choosing a quality distribution company, you can get for your business consistent, high-profile publicity that results in much-needed visibility and credibility and that will help you position the company as a marketplace leader.
To learn more about PressReach’s press release distribution services, click here now.
Featured Image: DepositPhotos © nazarenko1