The world’s going crazy for alternative milk options.
You’ve probably seen ads and have followed Beyond Meat and the $5.06 billion plant-based MEAT market,1 but there’s a much sexier story investors should be watching closely.
The $38.9-billion-dollar plant-based MILK market2 is 7.7x times bigger than the plant-based MEAT market. And growing fast.
And first-mover, The Planting Hope Company Inc. (TSXV:MYLK) (OTCQB:MYLKF) has created a category within this category with the first commercially available sesame milk line, which is ready to take this booming industry by storm.
The chart below3 shows that the global plant-based MILK market DOUBLED in 5 years…
And now it’s projected to QUADRUPLE over the next decade.
First, soy milk dominated. Then almond. Now it’s being pushed out by oat milk.
The good news for investors who’ve missed out so far is that the plant-based MILK market is primed for its next big disruption.
Because almond milk gets losing grades for sustainability4 and nutrition5…while oat milk doesn’t score much better.6 And yet almond and oat milk combined currently represent more than 75% of the total plant milk market.
Source: SPINS; Refrigerated & Shelf Stable Plant Based Milk; Total US MULO & Natural Channel; 52 W/E Oct. 2/22
That’s why The Planting Hope Company Inc. (TSXV:MYLK) (OTCQB:MYLKF) – a fast-growing breakthrough company that has cracked the code on producing the world’s most planet-friendly AND nutritious plant-based MILK from ultra-sustainable sesame seeds – should definitely be on your radar.
And it’s not just game-changing sesame milk this company offers – The Planting Hope Company has four fast-growing plant-based food and beverage brands that can be found at major retailers across North America.
Not to mention, The Planting Hope Company’s all-women leadership team has the expertise to make a huge splash in the plant-based milk market.
With a combined 250+ years experience in consumer packaged goods, just look at some of the major companies these women have worked at or on accounts for:
The company’s CEO Julia Stamberger, formerly at PricewaterhouseCoopers & United Airlines, has over 20 years of experience developing and launching innovative, better for you, food & beverage products for companies like American Airlines, JetBlue, Virgin America, West Jet, Sunwing and Target Corp. She is also the creator of AirlineMporium, today a top airline foodservice brokerage and consumer GoPicnic ready-to-eat meals, a product line that achieved 200% YOY growth and 8-figure annual revenues in under 3 years.
Award-Winning, Growing Market Penetration & Skyrocketing Revenue
The Planting Hope Company Inc. (TSXV:MYLK) (OTCQB:MYLKF) checks ALL of the boxes investors look for.
Its unique selling proposition is its Hope and Sesame® Sesamemilk product line, made from very sustainable and highly nutritious SESAME. Hope and Sesame® Sesamemilk uses 95% less water to produce than almond milk, and contains 8x more protein than almond milk7 (there is only an estimated 1g of protein in almond milk) – in fact, Hope and Sesame® Sesamemilk is nutritionally comparable to dairy, but far more sustainable!
The company’s Hope and Sesame® Sesamemilk has racked up an impressive list of awards and nominations, especially their breakthrough Hope and Sesame® Barista Blend introduced in Q2 2022, which beats almond milk’s steaming and foaming performance in coffee beverages;, Hope and Sesame Barista Blend is starting to displace almond milk in independent coffee shops, an enormous market for plant-based milks.
The Planting Hope Company Inc. (TSXV:MYLK) (OTCQB:MYLKF) and its Hope and Sesame® Sesamemilk are also continuing to score major press coverage thanks to being pro-planet and healthy.
In the News
- Sesame Milk Is The New Trend In Plant-Based Milk – Yahoo Finance
- Why The Tiny But Mighty Sesame Seed Is The New Superfood – Forbes
- 6 Food Trends to Watch for in 2022 and Beyond – The Washington Post
- A Look at Fancy New Food Trends – Good Morning America
- Sesame Milk Review: An Udder-Free Milk that is Utterly Delicious – SFGATE
- Move Over Oat and Almond, Try These New Alternative Milks – Thrillist
- Alcohol-Free Cocktails, Sesame Milk, and 4 Other Food Trends to Look For – Consumer Reports
Better yet, Hope and Sesame® Sesamemilk is just ONE of this company’s FOUR fast-growing, category-disruptive plant-based food and beverage brands. All of the company’s brands are pantry staples, meaning they are an everyday household item with huge markets in both grocery and foodservice channels. And all of these products leverage cutting-edge ingredient and packaging technology, including some proprietary processes, formulations, and ingredients.
These already-established brands are scaling with major North American retailers and distributors, with products in 8,500+ grocery stores and 50,000+ distribution points.
Keep in mind that these are high-growth market segments and channels they’re targeting in the US, as seen in the chart below.8
All those factors have enabled The Planting Hope Company Inc. (TSXV:MYLK) (OTCQB:MYLKF) to achieve amazing growth and record gross revenues:
- $2.5M gross revenues in Q1 2022 for growth of 600%+ over Q4 20219
- $3.3M in gross revenues in Q2 2022 for growth of 32% from Q1 2022 revenues10
- By April 2022, YTD revenues exceeded all revenues for FY 202111
They’ve also proven their ability to raise capital to fund ongoing growth: over $18 million in 4 months from a $10.4M IPO in Nov. 2021 and an $8M bought deal financing in March 2022.12
The company also just closed a private placement of unsecured, non-transferable 12% convertible debentures at a purchase price of C$1,000 for gross proceeds of C$2.2 million.13
They even have the unique benefit of a highly experienced all-women Board and C-suite, which is particularly important in light of The Harvard Business Review’s conclusion about diversity:
“Diversity significantly improves financial performance on measures such as profitable investments at the individual portfolio-company level and overall fund returns.”14
So, The Planting Hope Company Inc. (TSXV:MYLK) (OTCQB:MYLKF) is a story of right team, right time, and right products, poised to disrupt almond and oat milks with first-mover, sesame-based advantage worldwide.
Potential near-term catalysts to watch for:
- Ongoing strategic approach to expanding their well-developed omnichannel distribution platform including new markets (CANADA)
- Further revenue growth announcements
Why The Planting Hope Company Inc. (TSXV:MYLK) (OTCQB:MYLKF) is The Plant-Based Milk Stock to Watch
Growing Market: With nearly 70% of the global population being lactose intolerant,15 it is no surprise the global plant-based market is now over $40 billion
Exploding Plant-Based MILK Market:7.7x times bigger than plant-based MEAT; DOUBLED in 5 years; projected to QUADRUPLE over a decade
Unique Selling Proposition & First Mover Advantage:No commercially available sesame milk competition worldwide
Significant opportunity for Hope and Sesame® Barista Blend in cafés: Hope and Sesame® Sesamemilk is already starting to displace almond milk – and plant milk is a $2.6B market in independent cafés in the U.S. alone
Planet-Friendly The Planting Hope Company Inc.’s (TSXV:MYLK) (OTCQB:MYLKF) Hope and Sesame Sesamemilk is incomparably more sustainable than almond and oat milk, using 95% less water than almond milk.
Excellent Nutrition:Hope and Sesame® Sesamemilk scores way better than almond and oat milk, with 8x more protein than almond milk.
Major Attention: The Planting Hope Company Inc. (TSXV:MYLK) (OTCQB:MYLKF) continues to earn lots of awards, nominations, and press coverage
Multiple Revenue Drivers: Four fast-growing food and beverage brands
Scaling Up Retail & Distribution Network:8,500+ grocery stores with 50,000+ distribution points
Skyrocketing GrowthRecord gross revenues, including Q1 2022 growth of 600%+ over Q4 2021
Ability to Raise Capital $20+ million since their IPO in Nov. 2021
Diversity Advantage Unique all-women Board and C-suite
Opportunity: Market Leaders’ Issues with Sustainability & Nutrition
The Planting Hope Company (TSXV:MYLK) (OTCQB:MYLKF) has targeted an ideal market to support their ongoing efforts to scale with a superior plant-based milk offering.
The global plant-based MILK market was valued at $38.90B in 2022.
It’s expected to hit $123.20B by 2029.
That means a robust CAGR of 15.5%.16
That also makes plant-based MILK the most developed of all the plant-based market categories.
Plant-based milk retail sales in the US alone were $2.6 billion in 2021…and the category continues to experience steady long-term growth.17
Today, plant-based milk is found in most households.18,19,20
Fortunately for The Planting Hope Company Inc. (TSXV:MYLK) (OTCQB:MYLKF) and its investors, not all plant-based milks are created equal.
ALMOND milk has more than its share of problems and bad press:
- Most resource-intensive of all the plant-based milks21
- 371 liters of water needed to make 1 liter of almond milk22
- 80% of the world’s almonds23 come from drought-plagued California,24 which makes all that water usage for almond milk look very bad
- California’s almond industry is also wiping out tens of billions of pollinating bees25 partly due to almonds using more absolute quantities of pesticide than any other crop in the state26
Source: The Planting Hope Company Investor Presentation
- Planting Hope Reports Record Revenues of $3.7 Million (CAD $4.9 Million) in Q3 2022
- Planting Hope Continues Expansion into Foodservice Channel by Adding Dot Foods Distribution and Entering Rōti Restaurants
- Hope and Sesame® Sesamemilk Launches Across 382 Loblaw Stores in Canadian Dual-Language Packaging
- Planting Hope Completes C$2.2 Million Convertible Debenture Private Placement
- RightRice 2022 Special Edition Holiday Flavors Launched at Whole Foods Market and Thrive Market
In other words, almond milk is horrible for the PLANET.
But is almond milk any good for YOU?
While dairy milk has 8g of complete protein, almond milk has 1g or LESS of protein per serving. Not all protein is created equal – almonds contain an incomplete protein that does not provide all 9 essential amino acids the body needs and can’t get from food.
What about the nutritional value of the recently popular OAT milk offerings?
Most oat milks, like Oatly, are made through an enzymatic process that also converts the natural sugars in oats into a form of maltose sugars. Consequently, these oat milks have a high level of added sugar, and few if any unsweetened options exist. Oat milks also supply a meager amount of incomplete protein, typically 2-3g per serving. Not to mention, unsweetened blends of Hope and Sesame® Sesamemilk contain no sugar, unlike oat milk, which contains 7 grams per 8 oz.
“If you are looking for health benefits from oat milk, you’re better off eating oatmeal.”
– Dr. Edwin McDonald IV, University of Chicago Medicine27
Disrupting the Plant-Based Milk Market with a More Nutritious and Sustainable Alternative
The Planting Hope Company Inc. (TSXV:MYLK) (OTCQB:MYLKF) was smart to turn to sesame for making plant-based milk for multiple reasons:
- Bee-friendly due to being self-pollinating
- Naturally pest-resistant
- Best overall plant-based nutrition: protein is 8x that of almond milk, 2-3x oat milk, and comparable to dairy; an excellent source of Vitamin D and a good source of Calcium
- Performs well, especially for baristas (froths, foams and steams like a dream)
- Great taste
Plus, The Planting Hope Company’s (TSXV:MYLK) (OTCQB:MYLKF) Hope and Sesame® brand is the first commercially available sesame milk, giving them a worldwide first mover advantage.
But it wasn’t easy to get to this stage.
Their proprietary and innovative IP includes ingredient technology, product formulation and advanced sustainable packaging that took 5+ years of R&D to develop with top flavorists, beverage scientists, and a Michelin-Star chef.
That’s a big investment of time, effort and money…
…but also a VERY effective moat protecting the company from the potential of any direct competition from other plant-based food and beverage companies, like the ones below.
The Planting Hope Company Inc. (TSXV:MYLK) (OTCQB:MYLKF) also represents far more upside stock price potential (compared to the likes of Hain Celestial, Oatly, and SunOpta) while being seriously undervalued (compared to the likes of Plant Veda Foods).
Better yet, for investors, they’ve only just begun.
Ongoing Scaling in High-Growth Markets
The Planting Hope Company Inc. (TSXV:MYLK) (OTCQB:MYLKF) is chalking up the kind of revenue growth that grabs the market’s attention.
Their last few quarters have been exceptional in building on their trend of rapid growth:
- 2 consecutive quarters of record gross revenues
- $2.5M gross revenues in Q1 2022 for growth of 600%+ over Q4 202128
- $3.3M in gross revenues in Q2 2022 for growth of 32% from Q1 2022 revenues29
- By April 2022, YTD revenues exceeded all revenues for FY 202130
- Compounding Quarterly Growth Rate of 44%+ (Q3 2021-Q2 2022)
That revenue growth is helped by the company offering high-use, repeat purchase, everyday pantry-staple products.
Their multiple product offerings give The Planting Hope Company (TSXV:MYLK) a diversified base of key revenue drivers, with recent milestones including:
- Oct. 2021: Mozaics™ Non-GMO Real Veggie Chips – expanded distribution into e-commerce and foodservice
- Jan. 2022: Hope and Sesame® Non-GMO Sesamemilk – shelf-stable product line launched
- Jan. 2022: RightRice® Made From Veggies– acquired; expanded its distribution
- Jan. 2022: The new Hope and Sesame® 48 oz refrigerated line – launched into 400+ Krogers & other regional retailers
- April 2022: Hope and Sesame® Barista Blend – launched into cafés
That’s what rapid scaling looks like.
It’s also a fantastic model for constantly spinning out market-friendly news flow and some of its upcoming news could generate some serious excitement in the market.
Strategic Expansion of Established Chain of National Distributors
Investors need to be wary of consumer-targeted companies that fall in love with R&D and product development while neglecting to do the heavy lifting of getting their offerings to market.
That’s clearly not the case with The Planting Hope Company Inc. (TSXV:MYLK) (OTCQB:MYLKF).
They’ve put in the major legwork needed to secure deals with major retailers and distributors.
That’s how they’ve built a vital omnichannel distribution platform that’s gotten their products into 85000+ grocery stores with 50,000+ distribution points.
Now they’re focused on strategically expanding distribution in the US and Canada…
…and to international markets in response to increasing demand from export markets and distributors.
The Planting Hope Company’s (TSXV:MYLK) (OTCQB:MYLKF) investor presentation includes an extensive list of strategic efforts they’re focused on to boost market share, sales and revenues.31
Here are just a few:
- Increase velocity across grocery distribution for all brands through strategic marketing, trial, and awareness, and measurable, ROI-focused marketing efforts
- Capitalize on demonstrated Canadian retailer and consumer interest through launching compliant dual-language packaging slated to launch in Q3/Q4 2022
- Continue to introduce retailers and distributors to brands and products with trade shows planned in the US, Canada, and Europe
- Expand eCommerce business to include new (relaunched), streamlined brand sites
- Scale direct to consumer business and expand presence and sales on third-party eCommerce marketplaces, both B2C and wholesale B2B
In other words, they’re hitting the streets with their wares and making the market connections needed to succeed.
That’s very good news for investors since each of those efforts could become an important catalyst for growing revenues and increasing the stock’s valuation.
Fast-Growing & Robust Product Pipeline
The Planting Hope Company Inc. (TSXV:MYLK) (OTCQB:MYLKF) already has a strong stable of award-winning food and beverage offerings with 4 breakthrough plant-based ‘pantry staple’ brands.
Hope and Sesame®
- First commercially available sesame milk globally
- Truly sustainable alternative to dairy milk
- Good Housekeeping’s 2022 Kitchen Gear and Coffee Award Winner32
- Significantly more nutritious and sustainable than most almond, nut, and oat milks
- Acquired in Jan. 2022
- Nominated for “Best Plant-Based Food” in QVC 2022 Consumer Choice® Food Awards
- Offers nutritious protein and fiber and a lot fewer carbs
- Low-calorie savory snack…popped, NOT fried
- Made from a proprietary and healthy blend of peas and beans
- High-quality alternative to traditional potato and corn-based chips and snack foods
- Recipes developed in partnership with a Michelin star chef
- Makes plant-based snacking portable, convenient, and nutritious
- Long-shelf life (12-24 months)
True to form, The Planting Hope Company Inc. (TSXV:MYLK) (OTCQB:MYLKF) is also actively working on expanding their range of offerings.
Experienced All-Women C-Suite Team & Board
The Planting Hope Company Inc. (TSXV:MYLK) (OTCQB:MYLKF) not only has one of the first all-women boards on the TSXV, but also a VERY experienced all-women management team guided by strong ESG principles.
RECAP: 12 Reasons
Why The Planting Hope Company Inc. (TSXV:MYLK) (OTCQB:MYLKF) Has The Potential To Be The Next Big Plant-Based Milk Company
Huge & Growing Market: $40-billion-plus global plant-based market
Exploding Plant-Based MILK Market: DOUBLED in 5 years and projected to QUADRUPLE over a decade
Unique Selling Proposition & First Mover Advantage: No commercially available sesame milk competition worldwide
Significant opportunity for Sesamemilk Barista Blendin cafés: Hope and Sesame® Sesamemilk is already starting to displace almond milk – and plant milk is a $2.6B market in independent cafés in the US alone
Planet-Friendly: The Planting Hope Company’s (TSXV:MYLK) (OTCQB:MYLKF) Hope and Sesame® Sesamemilk is incomparably more sustainable than almond and oat milk, using 95% less water than almond milk.
Excellent Nutrition: Hope and Sesame® Sesamemilk scores way better than almond and oat milk, with 8x the protein in almond milk.
Major Attention: The Planting Hope Company Inc. (TSXV:MYLK) (OTCQB:MYLKF) continues to earn lots of awards, nominations, and press coverage
Multiple Revenue Drivers: 4 fast-growing food and beverage brands
Scaling Up Retail & Distribution Network: 8,500+ grocery stores with 50,000+ distribution points
Skyrocketing Growth: Record gross revenues, including Q1 2022 growth of 600%+ over Q4 2021
Ability to Raise Capital: $20+ million since their IPO in Nov. 2021
Diversity Advantage: Unique all-women Board and C-suite
This looks like a winning story that you definitely want to keep on your radar.
With The Planting Hope Company Inc. (TSXV:MYLK) (OTCQB:MYLKF) actively expanding their distribution and line of products, we’re sure that they’ll be coming out with several announcements about further revenue growth and increased distribution channels.
Do your due diligence. And make sure to click here to sign up for The Planting Hope Company’s (TSXV:MYLK) (OTCQB:MYLKF) corporate presentation and newsletter so you stay on top of their latest news and milestones.