Employees found the online patient portal, through which they ordered the ColoAlert® test, easy-to-use and convenient
BERKELEY, Calif. and MAINZ, Germany, May 24, 2023 — Mainz Biomed NV (NASDAQ:MYNZ) (“Mainz Biomed” or the “Company”), a molecular genetics diagnostic company specializing in the early detection of cancer, announced today initial results from its colorectal cancer (CRC) screening campaign through its BGM (“betriebliches Gesundheitsmanagement”) partnership with Zöeller-Kipper GmbH, part of the Zöeller group with more than 2,500 employees. In April 2023, Zöeller-Kipper selected ColoAlert®, Mainz Biomed’s highly efficacious and easy-to-use screening test for CRC, for its corporate health program.
“We are incredibly pleased with these early results, as outcomes like these indicate what the future holds when patients have increased access to easy, convenient and affordable screening,” said Guido Baechler, Chief Executive Officer of Mainz Biomed. “As we expand the reach of ColoAlert, I am thankful for the dedication of our team members and partners, like Zöeller-Kipper, for spreading the importance of early detection screening as CRC is the second most lethal cancer nationally, with almost 73,000 new cases diagnosed each year in Germany.”
Using Mainz Biomed’s online portal, Zöeller-Kipper employees registered to be mailed the ColoAlert test. Once the sample was received and processed, confidential test results were sent back to the employee through the portal, along with an explanation of the results. If an employee had approved for a physician to be notified of test results, then the doctor could directly follow-up with the patient. As part of its commitment to the BGM program, Mainz Biomed provided education to employees and physicians on CRC and recommendations for next steps.
“Mainz Biomed made it easy for us to quickly implement ColoAlert as one of our BGM options,” said Irina Riffel, Head of HR of Zöeller-Kipper. “Our employees are able to readily access the patient portal, request a kit and securely receive their results within five days. Their feedback about the process is positive and we are pleased to offer them this test, as early CRC detection and diagnosis can lead to better treatment options and improved outcomes. Ensuring the health and well-being of our employees is paramount.”
“We would like to thank Zöeller-Kipper for this successful collaboration and their dedication to give their employees access to state-of-the-art CRC screening with ColoAlert,” added Mr. Baechler. “We look forward to participating in more programs like this with other companies throughout Germany and Europe.”
ColoAlert®, Mainz Biomed’s flagship product, delivers high sensitivity and specificity in a user-friendly, at-home colorectal cancer (CRC) screening kit. This non-invasive test can be indicative of tumors as determined by analyzing tumor DNA, offering better early detection than fecal occult blood tests (FOBT). Based on PCR-technology, ColoAlert detects more cases of colorectal cancer than other stool tests and allows for an earlier diagnosis (Gies et al., 2018). The product is commercially available in select EU countries through a network of leading independent laboratories, corporate health programs and via direct sales. To receive marketing approval in the US, ColoAlert will be evaluated in the FDA-registration trial ‘ReconAAsense.’ Once approved in the US, the Company’s commercial strategy is to establish scalable distribution through a collaborative partner program with regional and national laboratory service providers across the country.
About Colorectal Cancer
Colorectal cancer (CRC) is the third most common cancer globally, with more than 1.9 million new cases reported in 2020, according to World Cancer Research Fund International. The US Preventive Services Task Force recommends that screening with stool DNA tests such as ColoAlert should be conducted once every three years starting at age 45. Each year in the US, 16.6 million colonoscopies are performed. However, roughly one-third of US residents aged 50-75 have never been screened for colon cancer. This gap in screening represents a $4.0B+ total market opportunity in the US.
About Mainz Biomed NV
Mainz Biomed develops market-ready molecular genetic diagnostic solutions for life-threatening conditions. The Company’s flagship product is ColoAlert, an accurate, non-invasive and easy-to-use, early-detection diagnostic test for colorectal cancer based on real-time Polymerase Chain Reaction-based (PCR) multiplex detection of molecular-genetic biomarkers in stool samples. ColoAlert is currently marketed across Europe. The Company is running a pivotal FDA clinical study for US regulatory approval. Mainz Biomed’s product candidate portfolio also includes PancAlert, an early-stage pancreatic cancer screening test. To learn more, visit mainzbiomed.com or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
For media inquiries, please contact [email protected]
MC Services AG
Anne Hennecke/Caroline Bergmann
+49 211 529252 20
In the US:
Melissa Laverty/Valerie Enes
+1 540 272 6465
For investor inquiries, please contact [email protected]
Certain statements made in this press release are “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of the “safe harbor” provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements may be identified by the use of words such as “anticipate”, “believe”, “expect”, “estimate”, “plan”, “outlook”, and “project” and other similar expressions that predict or indicate future events or trends or that are not statements of historical matters. These forward-looking statements reflect the current analysis of existing information and are subject to various risks and uncertainties. As a result, caution must be exercised in relying on forward-looking statements. Due to known and unknown risks, actual results may differ materially from the Company’s expectations or projections. The following factors, among others, could cause actual results to differ materially from those described in these forward-looking statements: (i) the failure to meet projected development and related targets; (ii) changes in applicable laws or regulations; (iii) the effect of the COVID-19 pandemic on the Company and its current or intended markets; and (iv) other risks and uncertainties described herein, as well as those risks and uncertainties discussed from time to time in other reports and other public filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the “SEC”) by the Company. Additional information concerning these and other factors that may impact the Company’s expectations and projections can be found in its initial filings with the SEC, including its annual report on Form 20-F filed on May 5, 2022. The Company’s SEC filings are available publicly on the SEC’s website at www.sec.gov. Any forward-looking statement made by us in this press release is based only on information currently available to Mainz Biomed and speaks only as of the date on which it is made. Mainz Biomed undertakes no obligation to publicly update any forward-looking statement, whether written or oral, that may be made from time to time, whether as a result of new information, future developments or otherwise, except as required by law.
Featured Image @ FreePik
1) The author of the Article, or members of the author’s immediate household or family, do not own any securities of the companies set forth in this Article. The author determined which companies would be included in this article based on research and understanding of the sector.
2) The Article was issued on behalf of and sponsored by, Mainz Biomed NV. Market Jar Media Inc. has or expects to receive from Mainz Biomed NV’s Digital Marketing Agency of Record (Native Ads Inc.) eighty nine thousand seven hundred sixty four USD for 12 days (9 business days).
3) Statements and opinions expressed are the opinions of the author and not Market Jar Media Inc., its directors or officers. The author is wholly responsible for the validity of the statements. The author was not paid by Market Jar Media Inc. for this Article. Market Jar Media Inc. was not paid by the author to publish or syndicate this Article. Market Jar has not independently verified or otherwise investigated all such information. None of Market Jar or any of their respective affiliates, guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any such information. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security. Market Jar Media Inc. requires contributing authors to disclose any shareholdings in, or economic relationships with, companies that they write about. Market Jar Media Inc. relies upon the authors to accurately provide this information and Market Jar Media Inc. has no means of verifying its accuracy.
5) Market Jar Media Inc. and its respective directors, officers and employees hold no shares for any company mentioned in the Article.
6) This document contains forward-looking information and forward-looking statements, within the meaning of applicable Canadian securities legislation, (collectively, “forward-looking statements”), which reflect management’s expectations regarding Mainz Biomed NV’s future growth, future business plans and opportunities, expected activities, and other statements about future events, results or performance. Wherever possible, words such as “predicts”, “projects”, “targets”, “plans”, “expects”, “does not expect”, “budget”, “scheduled”, “estimates”, “forecasts”, “anticipate” or “does not anticipate”, “believe”, “intend” and similar expressions or statements that certain actions, events or results “may”, “could”, “would”, “might” or “will” be taken, occur or be achieved, or the negative or grammatical variation thereof or other variations thereof, or comparable terminology have been used to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements include, among other things, statements relating to: (a) revenue generating potential with respect to Mainz Biomed NV’s industry; (b) market opportunity; (c) Mainz Biomed NV’s business plans and strategies; (d) services that Mainz Biomed NV intends to offer; (e) Mainz Biomed NV’s milestone projections and targets; (f) Mainz Biomed NV’s expectations regarding receipt of approval for regulatory applications; (g) Mainz Biomed NV’s intentions to expand into other jurisdictions including the timeline expectations relating to those expansion plans; and (h) Mainz Biomed NV’s expectations with regarding its ability to deliver shareholder value. Forward-looking statements are not a guarantee of future performance and are based upon a number of estimates and assumptions of management in light of management’s experience and perception of trends, current conditions and expected developments, as well as other factors that management believes to be relevant and reasonable in the circumstances, as of the date of this document including, without limitation, assumptions about: (a) the ability to raise any necessary additional capital on reasonable terms to execute Mainz Biomed NV’s business plan; (b) that general business and economic conditions will not change in a material adverse manner; (c) Mainz Biomed NV’s ability to procure equipment and operating supplies in sufficient quantities and on a timely basis; (d) Mainz Biomed NV’s ability to enter into contractual arrangements with additional Pharmacies; (e) the accuracy of budgeted costs and expenditures; (f) Mainz Biomed NV’s ability to attract and retain skilled personnel; (g) political and regulatory stability; (h) the receipt of governmental, regulatory and third-party approvals, licenses and permits on favorable terms; (i) changes in applicable legislation; (j) stability in financial and capital markets; and (k) expectations regarding the level of disruption to as a result of CV-19. Such forward-looking information involves a variety of known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause the actual plans, intentions, activities, results, performance or achievements of Mainz Biomed NV to be materially different from any future plans, intentions, activities, results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such risks include, without limitation: (a) Mainz Biomed NV’s operations could be adversely affected by possible future government legislation, policies and controls or by changes in applicable laws and regulations; (b) public health crises such as CV-19 may adversely impact Mainz Biomed NV’s business; (c) the volatility of global capital markets; (d) political instability and changes to the regulations governing Mainz Biomed NV’s business operations (e) Mainz Biomed NV may be unable to implement its growth strategy; and (f) increased competition. Except as required by law, Mainz Biomed NV undertakes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future event or otherwise, after the date on which the statements are made or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events. Neither does Mainz Biomed NV nor any of its representatives make any representation or warranty, express or implied, as to the accuracy, sufficiency or completeness of the information in this document. Neither Mainz Biomed NV nor any of its representatives shall have any liability whatsoever, under contract, tort, trust or otherwise, to you or any person resulting from the use of the information in this document by you or any of your representatives or for omissions from the information in this document.
7) Any graphs, tables or other information demonstrating the historical performance or current or historical attributes of Mainz Biomed NV or any other entity contained in this document are intended only to illustrate historical performance or current or historical attributes of Mainz Biomed NV or such entities and are not necessarily indicative of future performance of Mainz Biomed NV or such entities.