Knightscope Announces Its Plan for Post-CASE Acquisition Path to Profitability (Graphic: Business Wire)
The Company recently filed its unaudited pro forma condensed combined financial statements as of and for the six months ended June 30, 2022 and for the year ended December 31, 2021 as an exhibit to its Current Report on Form 8-K, filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the “SEC”) on December 28, 2022, which gave effect to the acquisition of CASE Emergency Systems (“CASE”). Consistent with the Company’s previously announced post-CASE acquisition target range of $12 million to $14 million annualized revenue run rate, had the acquisition been consummated on January 1, 2021, the Company’s pro forma combined revenue would have been $6.996 million for the six months ended June 30, 2022, comparing favorably to full-year revenue of $3.407 million reported by the Company for the year ended December 31, 2021. Knightscope continues to work to accelerate its top-line revenue growth through new sales contracts, expansion with existing clients, contract renewals, and increased engagement through its reseller program. Additionally, the Company is progressing well in delivering on its multimillion dollar backlog of new orders as many supply chain issues have subsided.
After acquiring CASE on October 14, 2022, Knightscope has turned to streamlining its operations and rightsizing its combined workforce with a reduction of approximately 20%. Planned actions during the first quarter of 2023 include corporate headcount reductions and restructuring of its service operations through new service partnerships that are designed to improve the ongoing support of its clients. For more information, please see the Current Report on Form 8-K that the Company will file with the SEC. Additionally, the Company expects to achieve improved margins through significantly faster assembly times, improved service operations, restructuring its facilities footprint, and new approaches to reducing its telecommunications costs.
Knightscope is an advanced security technology company based in Silicon Valley that builds fully autonomous security robots that deter, detect and report. Knightscope’s long-term ambition is to make the United States of America the safest country in the world. Learn more about the Company at www.knightscope.com. Follow Knightscope on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
This press release may contain “forward-looking statements” about Knightscope’s future expectations, plans, outlook, projections and prospects. Such forward-looking statements can be identified by the use of words such as “should,” “may,” “intends,” “anticipates,” “believes,” “estimates,” “projects,” “forecasts,” “expects,” “plans,” “proposes” and similar expressions. Forward-looking statements contained in this press release include, but are not limited to, statements about the Company’s path to profitability, the Company’s targeted annualized revenue run rate, the Company’s plans for top-line growth, the Company’s ability to deliver on its backlog of new orders, the benefits of the Company’s planned streamlining of its operations and rightsizing of its combined workforce and the Company’s ability to achieve improved margins. Although Knightscope believes that the expectations reflected in these forward-looking statements are based on reasonable assumptions, there are a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from such forward-looking statements. These risks and uncertainties include, among other things, the risk that the restructuring costs and charges may be greater than anticipated; the risk that the Company’s restructuring efforts may adversely affect the Company’s internal programs and the Company’s ability to recruit and retain skilled and motivated personnel, and may be distracting to employees and management; the risk that the Company’s restructuring efforts may negatively impact the Company’s business operations and reputation with or ability to serve customers; the risk that the Company’s restructuring efforts may not generate their intended benefits to the extent or as quickly as anticipated. Readers are urged to carefully review and consider any cautionary statements and other disclosures, including the statements made under the heading “Risk Factors” in Knightscope’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2021. Forward-looking statements speak only as of the date of the document in which they are contained, and Knightscope does not undertake any duty to update any forward-looking statements, except as may be required by law.
Unaudited Pro Forma Condensed Combined Financial Information
The unaudited pro forma condensed combined financial information included in this press release reflect preliminary estimates of the fair values of assets acquired and liabilities assumed, pending the completion of valuation procedures, and are based on the application of the Financial Accounting Standards Board Accounting Standards Codification 805, “Business Combinations.” The allocation of the purchase price to the fair value of assets acquired and liabilities assumed is based upon management’s estimates and assumptions using currently available information. These fair value estimates may be revised during the measurement period to reflect the final valuation based on updated information and revised assumptions. The final valuation of intangible assets could differ materially from the preliminary valuation used in the transaction accounting adjustments. The purchase price allocation and the resulting effect on the Company’s financial position and results of operations may be subject to change as the Company monitors and interprets the impact that new information may have on the fair value of assets acquired and liabilities assumed.
The unaudited pro forma condensed combined financial information included in this press release is derived from the unaudited pro forma condensed combined financial statements that were prepared by management in accordance with Regulation S-X Article 11, “Pro Forma Financial Information,” as amended by the final rule, “Amendments to Financial Disclosures About Acquired and Disposed Businesses,” as adopted by the SEC on May 21, 2020. The Company is providing the unaudited pro forma condensed combined financial statements for illustrative purposes only and such pro forma information does not necessarily reflect what the combined financial condition or results of operations of the Company would have been had the acquisition of CASE occurred on the date indicated. The companies may have performed differently had they been combined during the periods presented. Specifically, the unaudited pro forma condensed combined financial statements do not give effect to any cost savings, operating synergies, or revenue enhancements expected to result from the acquisition of CASE or the costs to achieve these cost savings, operating synergies and revenue enhancements. You should not rely on the unaudited pro forma condensed combined financial information included in this press release that was derived from the unaudited pro forma condensed combined financial statements as being indicative of the historical results that would have been achieved had the companies actually been combined during the periods presented. Further, the unaudited pro forma condensed combined financial information included in this press release derived from the unaudited pro forma condensed combined financial statements do not purport to project the future financial position or operating results of the combined company. The unaudited pro forma condensed combined financial information included in this press release is derived from the unaudited pro forma condensed combined financial statements and they should be read in conjunction with the accompanying notes to the unaudited pro forma condensed combined financial statements included in the Company’s Current Report on Form 8-K, filed with the SEC on December 28, 2022. The combined company’s actual financial condition and results of operations may differ significantly from the pro forma amounts reflected herein due to a variety of factors.
For more information, please see the Company’s Current Report on Form 8-K, filed with the SEC on December 28, 2022.
Source Knightscope, Inc.
Featured Image Depositphotos @ Kentoh
1) The author of the Article, or members of the author’s immediate household or family, do not own any securities of the companies set forth in this Article. The author determined which companies would be included in this article based on research and understanding of the sector.
2)The Article was issued on behalf of and sponsored by, Knightscope, Inc. Market Jar Media Inc. has or expects to receive from Knightscope, Inc.’s Digital Marketing Agency of Record (Native Ads Inc.) ninety six thousand USD for 7 days (9 business days).
3) Statements and opinions expressed are the opinions of the author and not Market Jar Media Inc., its directors or officers. The author is wholly responsible for the validity of the statements. The author was not paid by Market Jar Media Inc. for this Article. Market Jar Media Inc. was not paid by the author to publish or syndicate this Article. Market Jar has not independently verified or otherwise investigated all such information. None of Market Jar or any of their respective affiliates, guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any such information. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security. Market Jar Media Inc. requires contributing authors to disclose any shareholdings in, or economic relationships with, companies that they write about. Market Jar Media Inc. relies upon the authors to accurately provide this information and Market Jar Media Inc. has no means of verifying its accuracy.
5) Market Jar Media Inc. and its respective directors, officers and employees hold no shares for any company mentioned in the Article.
6) This document contains forward-looking information and forward-looking statements, within the meaning of applicable Canadian securities legislation, (collectively, “forward-looking statements”), which reflect management’s expectations regarding Knightscope, Inc.’s future growth, future business plans and opportunities, expected activities, and other statements about future events, results or performance. Wherever possible, words such as “predicts”, “projects”, “targets”, “plans”, “expects”, “does not expect”, “budget”, “scheduled”, “estimates”, “forecasts”, “anticipate” or “does not anticipate”, “believe”, “intend” and similar expressions or statements that certain actions, events or results “may”, “could”, “would”, “might” or “will” be taken, occur or be achieved, or the negative or grammatical variation thereof or other variations thereof, or comparable terminology have been used to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements include, among other things, statements relating to: (a) revenue generating potential with respect to Knightscope, Inc.’s industry; (b) market opportunity; (c) Knightscope, Inc.’s business plans and strategies; (d) services that Knightscope, Inc. intends to offer; (e) Knightscope, Inc.’s milestone projections and targets; (f) Knightscope, Inc.’s expectations regarding receipt of approval for regulatory applications; (g) Knightscope, Inc.’s intentions to expand into other jurisdictions including the timeline expectations relating to those expansion plans; and (h) Knightscope, Inc.’s expectations with regarding its ability to deliver shareholder value. Forward-looking statements are not a guarantee of future performance and are based upon a number of estimates and assumptions of management in light of management’s experience and perception of trends, current conditions and expected developments, as well as other factors that management believes to be relevant and reasonable in the circumstances, as of the date of this document including, without limitation, assumptions about: (a) the ability to raise any necessary additional capital on reasonable terms to execute Knightscope, Inc.’s business plan; (b) that general business and economic conditions will not change in a material adverse manner; (c) Knightscope, Inc.’s ability to procure equipment and operating supplies in sufficient quantities and on a timely basis; (d) Knightscope, Inc.’s ability to enter into contractual arrangements with additional Pharmacies; (e) the accuracy of budgeted costs and expenditures; (f) Knightscope, Inc.’s ability to attract and retain skilled personnel; (g) political and regulatory stability; (h) the receipt of governmental, regulatory and third-party approvals, licenses and permits on favorable terms; (i) changes in applicable legislation; (j) stability in financial and capital markets; and (k) expectations regarding the level of disruption to as a result of CV-19. Such forward-looking information involves a variety of known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause the actual plans, intentions, activities, results, performance or achievements of Knightscope, Inc. to be materially different from any future plans, intentions, activities, results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such risks include, without limitation: (a) Knightscope, Inc.’s operations could be adversely affected by possible future government legislation, policies and controls or by changes in applicable laws and regulations; (b) public health crises such as CV-19 may adversely impact Knightscope, Inc.’s business; (c) the volatility of global capital markets; (d) political instability and changes to the regulations governing Knightscope, Inc.’s business operations (e) Knightscope, Inc. may be unable to implement its growth strategy; and (f) increased competition.
Except as required by law, Knightscope, Inc. undertakes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future event or otherwise, after the date on which the statements are made or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events. Neither does Knightscope, Inc. nor any of its representatives make any representation or warranty, express or implied, as to the accuracy, sufficiency or completeness of the information in this document. Neither Knightscope, Inc. nor any of its representatives shall have any liability whatsoever, under contract, tort, trust or otherwise, to you or any person resulting from the use of the information in this document by you or any of your representatives or for omissions from the information in this document.
7) Any graphs, tables or other information demonstrating the historical performance or current or historical attributes of Knightscope, Inc. or any other entity contained in this document are intended only to illustrate historical performance or current or historical attributes of Knightscope, Inc. or such entities and are not necessarily indicative of future performance of Knightscope, Inc. or such entities.