KELOWNA, BC, Jan. 12, 2023 – FISSION URANIUM CORP. (“Fission” or the “Company“) is pleased to announce that it has entered into a Capacity Funding Agreement (the “Agreement“) with the Métis Nation of Saskatchewan (“MN-S”). Fission’s PLS project (the “Project“) in the southwest Athabasca Basin region is within MN-S Northern Region II. Fission commenced an Environmental Assessment in December 2021 and is currently in the final stages of a Feasibility Study. The company intends to facilitate a comprehensive impact assessment of the Project.
The Agreement formalizes the process for Fission and MN-S to meaningfully engage in respect of the PLS Project, and work collaboratively to develop a long-term, mutually beneficial, cooperative, and respectful relationship.
During this stage of engagement, Fission and MN-S will work to identify potential impacts to Métis rights, culture, and traditional land and resource use, and explore options to mitigate any such impacts. The processes will be funded by Fission and will also incorporate the sharing of information between Fission and MN-S with respect to the Project.
Métis Nation Saskatchewan President, Glen McCallum, stated, “As the government representing Métis in Saskatchewan, MN–S is committed to listening to our citizens and ensuring their voices are heard with respect to our ancestral lands. Engaging with community is an important tool to drive planning in the Métis way. This agreement marks the start of what we hope will become a long-term, meaningful relationship with Fission Uranium Corp. and one that clearly demonstrates progress can be made when fulsome and considerate discussions are held with all affected rights holders at the project’s inception.”
Ross McElroy, President and CEO for Fission, commented, “The agreement signed by Fission and the Métis Nation of Saskatchewan is a sign of the strong working relationship we have established, and the transparent communication that has taken place as the PLS project has advanced. The processes that have been agreed will serve as an important basis for working more closely together towards mutual goals as the project continues to advance. I would like to thank the MN-S and look forward to our future efforts and successes together.”
This Agreement reflects Fission’s commitment to building strong relationships with rights-holders, including Métis and First Nations communities, throughout the life of Fission’s PLS Project. The Company has met with and continues to consult with top level representatives of rights-holders. The goal is to ensure that all rights-holders remain up to date and have input on the PLS Project’s current status and Fission’s future plans. Fission is also committed to engaging with all stakeholders with an interest in the Project, including local communities, municipalities, governments, and regulatory agencies.
Fission Uranium Corp. is a Canadian based resource company specializing in the strategic exploration and development of the Patterson Lake South uranium property – host to the class-leading Triple R uranium deposit – and is headquartered in Kelowna, British Columbia. Fission’s common shares are listed on the TSX Exchange under the symbol “FCU” and trade on the OTCQX marketplace in the U.S. under the symbol “FCUUF.”
ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD
Ross McElroy, President and CEO
Certain information contained in this press release constitutes “forward-looking information”, within the meaning of Canadian legislation. Generally, these forward-looking statements can be identified by the use of forward-looking terminology such as “plans”, “expects” or “does not expect”, “is expected”, “budget”, “scheduled”, “estimates”, “forecasts”, “intends”, “anticipates” or “does not anticipate”, or “believes”, or variations of such words and phrases or state that certain actions, events or results “may”, “could”, “would”, “might” or “will be taken”, “occur”, “be achieved” or “has the potential to”. Forward looking statements contained in this press release may include statements regarding the future operating or financial performance of Fission and Fission Uranium which involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties which may not prove to be accurate. Actual results and outcomes may differ materially from what is expressed or forecasted in these forward-looking statements. Such statements are qualified in their entirety by the inherent risks and uncertainties surrounding future expectations. Among those factors which could cause actual results to differ materially are the following: market conditions and other risk factors listed from time to time in our reports filed with Canadian securities regulators on SEDAR at www.sedar.com. The forward-looking statements included in this press release are made as of the date of this press release and the Company and Fission Uranium disclaim any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as expressly required by applicable securities legislation.
SOURCE Fission Uranium Corp.
For further information: Investor Relations, TF: 877-868-8140, [email protected], www.fissionuranium.com
Featured Image MegaPixl @ Tashka
1) The author of the Article, or members of the author’s immediate household or family, do not own any securities of the companies set forth in this Article. The author determined which companies would be included in this article based on research and understanding of the sector.
2) The Article was issued on behalf of and sponsored by, Fission Uranium Corp. Market Jar Media Inc. has or expects to receive from Fission Uranium Corp.’s Digital Marketing Agency of Record (Native Ads Inc) one thousand five hundred USD for this article.
3) Statements and opinions expressed are the opinions of the author and not Market Jar Media Inc., its directors or officers. The author is wholly responsible for the validity of the statements. The author was not paid by Market Jar Media Inc. for this Article. Market Jar Media Inc. was not paid by the author to publish or syndicate this Article. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security. Market Jar Media Inc. requires contributing authors to disclose any shareholdings in, or economic relationships with, companies that they write about. Market Jar Media Inc. relies upon the authors to accurately provide this information and Market Jar Media Inc. has no means of verifying its accuracy.
5) Market Jar Media Inc. and its respective directors, officers and employees hold no shares for any company mentioned in the Article.
6) This document contains forward-looking information and forward-looking statements, within the meaning of applicable Canadian securities legislation, (collectively, “forward-looking statements”), which reflect management’s expectations regarding Fission Uranium Corp.’s future growth, future business plans and opportunities, expected activities, and other statements about future events, results or performance. Wherever possible, words such as “predicts”, “projects”, “targets”, “plans”, “expects”, “does not expect”, “budget”, “scheduled”, “estimates”, “forecasts”, “anticipate” or “does not anticipate”, “believe”, “intend” and similar expressions or statements that certain actions, events or results “may”, “could”, “would”, “might” or “will” be taken, occur or be achieved, or the negative or grammatical variation thereof or other variations thereof, or comparable terminology have been used to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements include, among other things, statements relating to: (a) revenue generating potential with respect to Fission Uranium Corp.’s industry; (b) market opportunity; (c) Fission Uranium Corp.’s business plans and strategies; (d) services that Fission Uranium Corp. intends to offer; (e) The Oregon Groups milestone projections and targets; (f) Fission Uranium Corp.’s expectations regarding receipt of approval for regulatory applications; (g) Fission Uranium Corp.’s intentions to expand into other jurisdictions including the timeline expectations relating to those expansion plans; and (h) Fission Uranium Corp.’s expectations with regarding its ability to deliver shareholder value. Forward-looking statements are not a guarantee of future performance and are based upon a number of estimates and assumptions of management in light of management’s experience and perception of trends, current conditions and expected developments, as well as other factors that management believes to be relevant and reasonable in the circumstances, as of the date of this document including, without limitation, assumptions about: (a) the ability to raise any necessary additional capital on reasonable terms to execute Fission Uranium Corp.’s business plan; (b) that general business and economic conditions will not change in a material adverse manner; (c) Fission Uranium Corp.’s ability to procure equipment and operating supplies in sufficient quantities and on a timely basis; (d) Fission Uranium Corp.’s ability to enter into contractual arrangements with additional Pharmacies; (e) the accuracy of budgeted costs and expenditures; (f) Fission Uranium Corp.’s ability to attract and retain skilled personnel; (g) political and regulatory stability; (h) the receipt of governmental, regulatory and third-party approvals, licenses and permits on favorable terms; (i) changes in applicable legislation; (j) stability in financial and capital markets; and (k) expectations regarding the level of disruption to as a result of CV-19. Such forward-looking information involves a variety of known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause the actual plans, intentions, activities, results, performance or achievements of Fission Uranium Corp. to be materially different from any future plans, intentions, activities, results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such risks include, without limitation: (a) Fission Uranium Corp.’s operations could be adversely affected by possible future government legislation, policies and controls or by changes in applicable laws and regulations; (b) public health crises such as CV-19 may adversely impact Fission Uranium Corp.’s business; (c) the volatility of global capital markets; (d) political instability and changes to the regulations governing Fission Uranium Corp.’s business operations (e) Fission Uranium Corp. may be unable to implement its growth strategy; and (f) increased competition.
Except as required by law, Fission Uranium Corp. undertakes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future event or otherwise, after the date on which the statements are made or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events. Neither does Fission Uranium Corp. nor any of its representatives make any representation or warranty, express or implied, as to the accuracy, sufficiency or completeness of the information in this document. Neither Fission Uranium Corp. nor any of its representatives shall have any liability whatsoever, under contract, tort, trust or otherwise, to you or any person resulting from the use of the information in this document by you or any of your representatives or for omissions from the information in this document.
7) Any graphs, tables or other information demonstrating the historical performance or current or historical attributes of Fission Uranium Corp. or any other entity contained in this document are intended only to illustrate historical performance or current or historical attributes of Fission Uranium Corp. or such entities and are not necessarily indicative of future performance of Fission Uranium Corp. or such entities.