Vancouver, BC – December 7, 2022, Clarity Gold Corp. (“Clarity” or the “Company”) (CSE:CLAR, OTC:CLGCF, FSE:27G) is pleased to announce that it has entered into an option agreement dated December 6, 2022 (the “OptionAgreement”) with Genius Metals Inc. (the “Optionor”), an arm’s length public company listed on the TSX Venture Exchange (“TSXV”), to earn an undivided 50% right, title, ownership and beneficial interest in and to 21 mineral claims covering approximately 1107 hectares (the “Property“) located in the James Bay Region of Northern Quebec (the “Transaction“).
Highlights of the Lithium381 Property
- 1107 ha land position contiguous to Allkem Limited’s (TSX: AKE, ASX: AKE, OTC: OROCF) (“Allkem”) James Bay Lithium feasibility stage project (formerly Galaxy Lithium’s Cyr Project).
- Allkem’s project contains:
- a 40.3 Mt indicated resource at 1.40% Li2O
- From those 40.3Mt indicated, a probable reserve of 37.2Mt at 1.3% Li2O
- Allkem’s project contains:
(Source: James Bay Lithium Project Feasibility Study and Maiden Ore Reserve, December 2021 filed by Allkem on SEDAR on January 11, 2022 (the “Allkem Feasibility Study”)).
- Scheduled to begin construction in 2023 Q1 with an estimated 19 year mine life
- 3 km from the KM 381 service station on the James Bay Road (Route 109) providing logistical support
- Accessible year round
Figure 1 Location of Lithium 381 Project showing nearby properties and total pit outline on Allkem’s James Bay Lithium Project from the Allkem Feasibility Study.
“This Option Agreement marks Clarity’s step towards diversifying it’s mineral portfolio into the exciting lithium space.” Stated Clarity CEO James Rogers. “We are excited to begin exploring such a well positioned project with favourable underlying geology adjacent to a world class lithium deposit.”
The Lithium 381 Property
The Property is located in Northern Quebec, Canada, approximately 3 km from the James Bay Road and the service station at KM381 which provides infrastructure to the local area.
The 21 mineral claims comprising the 1107 ha property are contiguous with Allkem Limited’s James Bay Lithium Property hosting a deposit with Indicated resources of 40.8 Mt @1.40% Li2O. The James Bay Lithium deposit is a lithium bearing pegmatite, which is slated to start construction in q1 2023. (Source: Allkem Feasibility Study filed by Allkem on SEDAR on January 11, 2022).
The Property has not previously been explored for lithium bearing pegmatites but is underlain primarily by amphibolite facies metasedimentary and minor metavolcanic rocks of the Lower Eastmain Group of the Eastmain Greenstone belt in the northeastern part of the Superior Province the same host rocks of the adjacent James Bay Lithium Deposit.
Quebec has become a favourable jurisdiction for critical mineral exploration investment with its ‘2030 Plan for a Green Economy’ targeting a reduction in carbon emissions as well as its ‘Plan for Development of Critical and Strategic Minerals (2020-2025)’ which includes commitments to share financial risk and plans to improve infrastructure for projects in Northern Quebec.
Guy Goulet, CEO of Genius Metals mentioned: “Genius is pleased to partner with a group like Clarity that is willing to commit rapidly in exploring this prospective property. The proximity with such an advanced project makes the Lithium381 a prime lithium exploration target.”
Under the terms of the Option Agreement dated December 6, 2022, the Optionor granted the Company the exclusive right and option to acquire a 50% interest in the Property (the “Option”). To maintain the Option in good standing, the Company must:
- incur an aggregate of $750,000 in exploration expenditures on or before December 31, 2024, inclusive of the deposit of $25,000 provided by the Company to the Optionor on November 25, 2022; and
- issue an aggregate of 720,000 common shares of the Company (the “Shares”), which Shares will be subject to a voluntary escrow to be released as to 90,000 Shares every four months commencing on the date that is four months after the closing of the Transaction.
Closing of the Transaction remains conditional upon, without limitation, approval by the board of directors, receipt of all necessary third party and regulatory approvals inclusive of approval from the Canadian Securities Exchange (the “CSE”) or the TSXV, as applicable, and other conditions customary for transactions of this nature.
Joint Venture Agreement
Upon the Company exercising the Option, a joint venture among the Company and the Optionor will be formed. The parties agree to pay their pro-rata share of exploration expenditures going forward, failing which their respective interest will be diluted. The Company will be the initial operator of the Property.
The Company is also pleased to announce a non-brokered private placement consisting of the issuance of up to 10,000,000 non-flow-through units (each, a “Unit”) of the Company at a price of $0.10 per Unit for gross proceeds of up to $1,000,000 (the “Offering”). Finders’ fees may be paid by the Company in connection with the Offering.
Each Unit consists of one common share in the capital of the Company (each, a “Share”) and one Share purchase warrant (each, a “Warrant”), with each Warrant entitling the holder thereof to purchase one additional Share (each, a “Warrant Share”) at a price of $0.12 per Warrant Share for a period of 36 months following issuance. The Warrants are subject to an acceleration provision whereby in the event the Shares have a closing price on the CSE (or such other exchange on which the Shares may be traded at such time) of $0.50 or greater per Share for a period of ten (10) consecutive trading days at any time from the date of issuance, the Company may accelerate the expiry date of the Warrants by giving notice to the holders thereof (by disseminating a news release advising of the acceleration of the expiry date of the Warrants) and, in such case, the Warrants will expire on the thirtieth day after the date of such notice.
The aggregate proceeds of the Offering are anticipated to be used for general corporate, investor relations, marketing and working capital.
The Company also announces that it has granted an aggregate of 1,500,000 stock options (the “Stock Options”) to purchase up to 1,500,000 Shares of the Company and an aggregate of 2,500,000 restricted share units (“RSUs”) to certain employees, directors and officers of the Company (the “Equity Compensation Grant”) in accordance with the Company’s stock option plan (the “Stock Option Plan”) and long term incentive plan (the “LTIP”), respectively. Copies of the Stock Option Plan and LTIP are available under the Company’s profile on SEDAR.
The Stock Options are exercisable at a price of $0.14 per Share for a period of three years. The Stock Options vest immediately. The RSUs vest six months following the date of the grant.
All securities issued in connection with the Transaction, the Offering and the Equity Compensation Grant will be subject to a statutory hold period expiring four months and one day after the date of issuance, as set out in National Instrument 45‐102 – Resale of Securities.
None of the securities sold in connection with the Offering or those acquired or issued pursuant in the Equity Compensation Grant will be registered under the United States Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and no such securities may be offered or sold in the United States absent registration or an applicable exemption from the registration requirements. This news release shall not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy nor shall there be any sale of the securities in any jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful.
Mr. Rory Kutluoglu P. Geo., a member of the advisory board and a consultant of the Company, is a Qualified Person as defined in National Instrument 43-101 – Standards of Disclosure for Mineral Projects and has reviewed the technical information in this news release.
Clarity Gold Corp. is a Canadian mineral exploration project generator company focused on the acquisition, exploration and development of precious and base metals projects. The Company’s objective is to identify, acquire and develop gold-primary and base metals projects which have been overlooked, underfinanced or have become non-core assets and fallen dormant. Clarity’s exploration mandate is global and focused on countries with established legal and regulatory systems supporting mining investment. The Company is based in Vancouver, British Columbia, and is listed on the CSE under the symbol “CLAR”.
Clarity also has title on three additional early-stage projects in British Columbia:
- Empirical Gold Copper Molybdenite Property (10,518 ha) – Lillooet, B.C.
- Tyber Gold Copper Silver Property (928 ha) – Southeast Vancouver Island, B.C.
- Gretna Green Gold Copper Silver Property (1,331 ha) – Port Alberni, Vancouver Island, B.C.
Clarity recently was assigned an option to acquire the Fecteau project located in the prolific Abitibi gold belt adjacent to Osisko Mining’s Windfall project.
To learn more about Clarity Gold Corp. and its projects please visit www.claritygoldcorp.com.
ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD
Chief Executive Officer
Tel: 1 (833) 387-7436
Email: [email protected]
Featured Image MegaPixl @ Tashka
This news release contains forward-looking statements. All statements, other than statements of historical fact that address activities, events or developments that the Company believes, expects or anticipates will or may occur in the future are forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements in this news release include statements regarding the fact that the Property is a well positioned project with favourable underlying geology adjacent to Allkem’s world class lithium deposit and that it hosts the same rocks and geological structure; receipt of regulatory and, if applicable, approval from the CSE and TSXV of the Transaction; the Company and the Optionor forming a joint venture following the exercise of the Option; the Company completing the Offering as proposed and the anticipated use of proceeds of the Offering. The forward-looking statements reflect management’s current expectations based on information currently available and are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties that may cause outcomes to differ materially from those discussed in the forward-looking statements including: that the Property may not host any lithium at all or any commercially viable grades of lithium; that the Property may not host any lithium resources like Allkem’s adjacent property; that the Company may not complete the drilling program on the Property as proposed; that the Company may not be able to make the incur the expenditures on the Property; the Company may not be able to complete the Offering as proposed; adverse market conditions; and other factors beyond the control of the parties. Although the Company believes that the assumptions inherent in the forward-looking statements are reasonable, forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance and, accordingly, undue reliance should not be put on such statements due to their inherent uncertainty. Factors that could cause actual results or events to differ materially from current expectations include general market conditions and other factors beyond the control of the Company. The Company expressly disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by applicable law.
The Canadian Securities Exchange (operated by CNSX Markets Inc.) has neither approved nor disapproved of the contents of this press release.
1) The author of the Article, or members of the author’s immediate household or family, do not own any securities of the companies set forth in this Article. The author determined which companies would be included in this article based on research and understanding of the sector.
2)The Article was issued on behalf of and sponsored by, Clarity Metals Corp. Market Jar Media Inc. has or expects to receive from Clarity Metals Corp.’s Digital Marketing Agency of Record (Native Ads Inc.) forty-six thousand, three hundred and twenty US dollars for 24 days (18 business days).
3) Statements and opinions expressed are the opinions of the author and not Market Jar Media Inc., its directors or officers. The author is wholly responsible for the validity of the statements. The author was not paid by Market Jar Media Inc. for this Article. Market Jar Media Inc. was not paid by the author to publish or syndicate this Article. Market Jar has not independently verified or otherwise investigated all such information. None of Market Jar or any of their respective affiliates, guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any such information. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security. Market Jar Media Inc. requires contributing authors to disclose any shareholdings in, or economic relationships with, companies that they write about. Market Jar Media Inc. relies upon the authors to accurately provide this information and Market Jar Media Inc. has no means of verifying its accuracy.
5) Market Jar Media Inc. and its respective directors, officers and employees hold no shares for any company mentioned in the Article.
6) This document contains forward-looking information and forward-looking statements, within the meaning of applicable Canadian securities legislation, (collectively, “forward-looking statements”), which reflect management’s expectations regarding Clarity Metals Corp.’s future growth, future business plans and opportunities, expected activities, and other statements about future events, results or performance. Wherever possible, words such as “predicts”, “projects”, “targets”, “plans”, “expects”, “does not expect”, “budget”, “scheduled”, “estimates”, “forecasts”, “anticipate” or “does not anticipate”, “believe”, “intend” and similar expressions or statements that certain actions, events or results “may”, “could”, “would”, “might” or “will” be taken, occur or be achieved, or the negative or grammatical variation thereof or other variations thereof, or comparable terminology have been used to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements include, among other things, statements relating to: (a) revenue generating potential with respect to Clarity Metals Corp.’s industry; (b) market opportunity; (c) Clarity Metals Corp.’s business plans and strategies; (d) services that Clarity Metals Corp. intends to offer; (e) Clarity Metals Corp.’s milestone projections and targets; (f) Clarity Metals Corp.’s expectations regarding receipt of approval for regulatory applications; (g) Clarity Metals Corp.’s intentions to expand into other jurisdictions including the timeline expectations relating to those expansion plans; and (h) Clarity Metals Corp.’s expectations with regarding its ability to deliver shareholder value. Forward-looking statements are not a guarantee of future performance and are based upon a number of estimates and assumptions of management in light of management’s experience and perception of trends, current conditions and expected developments, as well as other factors that management believes to be relevant and reasonable in the circumstances, as of the date of this document including, without limitation, assumptions about: (a) the ability to raise any necessary additional capital on reasonable terms to execute Clarity Metals Corp.’s business plan; (b) that general business and economic conditions will not change in a material adverse manner; (c) Clarity Metals Corp.’s ability to procure equipment and operating supplies in sufficient quantities and on a timely basis; (d) Clarity Metals Corp.’s ability to enter into contractual arrangements with additional Pharmacies; (e) the accuracy of budgeted costs and expenditures; (f) Clarity Metals Corp.’s ability to attract and retain skilled personnel; (g) political and regulatory stability; (h) the receipt of governmental, regulatory and third-party approvals, licenses and permits on favorable terms; (i) changes in applicable legislation; (j) stability in financial and capital markets; and (k) expectations regarding the level of disruption to as a result of CV-19. Such forward-looking information involves a variety of known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause the actual plans, intentions, activities, results, performance or achievements of Clarity Metals Corp. to be materially different from any future plans, intentions, activities, results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such risks include, without limitation: (a) Clarity Metals Corp.’s operations could be adversely affected by possible future government legislation, policies and controls or by changes in applicable laws and regulations; (b) public health crises such as CV-19 may adversely impact Clarity Metals Corp.s business; (c) the volatility of global capital markets; (d) political instability and changes to the regulations governing Clarity Metals Corp.’s business operations (e) Clarity Metals Corp. may be unable to implement its growth strategy; and (f) increased competition.
Except as required by law, Clarity Metals Corp. undertakes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future event or otherwise, after the date on which the statements are made or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events. Neither does Clarity Metals Corp. nor any of its representatives make any representation or warranty, express or implied, as to the accuracy, sufficiency or completeness of the information in this document. Neither Clarity Metals Corp. nor any of its representatives shall have any liability whatsoever, under contract, tort, trust or otherwise, to you or any person resulting from the use of the information in this document by you or any of your representatives or for omissions from the information in this document.
7) Any graphs, tables or other information demonstrating the historical performance or current or historical attributes of Clarity Metals Corp. or any other entity contained in this document are intended only to illustrate historical performance or current or historical attributes of Clarity Metals Corp. or such entities and are not necessarily indicative of future performance of Clarity Metals Corp. or such entities.